Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 with this recent rash of cracked bowtech limbs... >

with this recent rash of cracked bowtech limbs...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

with this recent rash of cracked bowtech limbs...

Old 09-08-2004, 06:37 AM

Default with this recent rash of cracked bowtech limbs...

with this recent rash of cracked bowtech limbs, i wanted to start a thread to see if there is anyone on these boards with ties close enough to bowtech to get an official response from bowtech regarding these cracked limbs. not knowing the cause is bothering me. not to bash the company, but i'm beginning to see the point c903 was trying to make (don't hold that against me [8D]); at what point does someone's personal safety outweigh the company's great customer service? i personally do not own a bowtech, but know a few people that do. bowtech makes a great product (minus this recent cracked limb problem.) i was considering purchasing a new bow next year and was definately going to be shooting some bowtechs when looking for my next bow. But, now after reading all these threads, to be quite frank, i will NOT be looking at bowtechs until i find an answer to this limb problem. i realize that there have been some good suggestions to what is causing the problems from people on this board, but i would feel more comfortable hearing something from bowtech. is there anyone out there that can shed some light on this?
Old 09-08-2004, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: with this recent rash of cracked bowtech limbs...

There are a couple folks affiliated with BowTech that post here on occasion. Maybe one of them will chime in if they come across these threads. As posted in another thread Len from Maryland has emailed BowTech and is waiting for a response on the issue.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Len from Maryland
Pretty sure that was "Glen" in Marland...
Old 09-08-2004, 08:02 AM

i just got a email form pat at bowtech and he say there are very few isolated limb problems.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:26 AM

ummm, okay, but what's the reason bowtech is attributing to the limb failures? does he say?
Old 09-08-2004, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

What is the cause for Mathews, Hoyt, NAAG, Martin, Merlin, CSS, High Country ...... limb failures? Go to some other sites and look at whose limbs are cracking. Given the numbers of BowTechs sold, I'm sure the limb problems are at no higher a percentage than any other manufacturer. Probably lower than many. I've had zero limb problems, and I've owned more BowTechs than most. And I still feel that many problems are the result of improper pressing of the bows. I do find it interesting that the most "concerned", are those not shooting BowTechs.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: pdq 5oh

What is the cause for Mathews, Hoyt, NAAG, Martin, Merlin, CSS, High Country ...... limb failures? Go to some other sites and look at whose limbs are cracking.
i'm not sure, as i don't frequent lots and lots of sites. i do however frequent this one, and recently, i've read more threads on bowtech limb failures than other bow manufacturers.

Given the numbers of BowTechs sold, I'm sure the limb problems are at no higher a percentage than any other manufacturer. Probably lower than many.
i'm not in a position to comment on that. but what i do know, as i stated above, i've read more threads on bowtech limb failures than other bow manufacturers. bad press, is bad press. and now it has me wondering what is causing this.

I've had zero limb problems, and I've owned more BowTechs than most.
that's great! but the few bad apples will spoil the barrel.

I do find it interesting that the most "concerned", are those not shooting BowTechs.
if that is directed at me, then please re-read my original post and you will see why i am "concerned."
Old 09-08-2004, 09:04 AM

Are you saying a person must have a Bowtech to have an opinion on this subject? I believe sho-me_bhntr said he is considering buying a new bow and would like to know the cause of the limb problems before he looks at Bowtech. Sounds reasonable to me. My guess is you are correct, it's operator error somewhere along the way.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:10 AM

as a fellow bowtech shooter iam not at all worried....
Old 09-08-2004, 09:12 AM
bigcountry

I agree on this. Most limb failures I have seen in the last 2 year come from Bowtech and Mathews. And a few isolated bows from PSE that seem to be prone to it. I was going to buy a bowtech, but decided against it. I instead am steering to AR. For the guy whos all upset about asking the question and saying bowtech's failures are probably less than most, you will never know until we start digging. Maybe your right, but not asking the question, you will never find out.

Quick Reply: with this recent rash of cracked bowtech limbs...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.