Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 mighty mite limb is cracked >

mighty mite limb is cracked

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mighty mite limb is cracked

Old 09-08-2004, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mighty mite limb is cracked

oneidaeagle:
iam happy with the way its been taken care of but it seem all the non bowtech shooter are not happy and want a anwser and argu with everbody that owns a bowtech,
Gotta love the irony there!
Kind of like when you jump in on every Mathews thread to inform everyone that there are plenty of other bows to choose from.
BTW , the Outback has had no problems with the HP Cam that I'm aware of , haven't seen any here or the shop I spend the majority of my time at.

c903:
go with a product that is having a better reputation with quality, and screw the good service hype. I do not want to have to use "good service" if I can avoid it. If I have to use a manufacturer's warranty service it means something has gone wrong.
Bravo!!! Should be lettered in gold and stuck to the top page of every bowhunting forum everywhere!

And I am in no way bashing Bowtech! It does seem to stand out when you read several threads of the same problem by different people.
Glad your happy with your customer service!
Old 09-08-2004, 04:22 PM

by the way the mathew outback had some problems with there cams because the bearings were not pressed in right.. go to arhery talk and do a search on mathew outback.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:48 PM

Every bow company has had problems at one time or another. I don't recall ever seeing them recall a line of bows. When the problem occurs they just make good on it. They may recall unsold bows from dealers, but I highly doubt they would do a general recall. It would be near impossible to initiate and follow thru on.

While I wouldn't say you are bashing bowtechs, you seem to have a bug about them.

If you were going to pick a particular bow for it's lack of quality problems in it's buisiness career your not going to be shooting much, unless it's a new company. This is pretty common with new companies by the way. They do really good to begin with, and when thier product catches on and sarts selling really well they tend to have some quality issues. It's from too much demand and people cutting corners.

I have worked in a lot of factories, and bottom line for the production foremen is quantity, not quality. And most of the employees are just there for the paycheck. I know that's not how they want to run the company, but when it gets to that level of management, that's how it works. Cover thy own butt right now, find a way out of it later. Eventually the quality will catch up to the demand and all things will be well again.

That is assuming it is a Bowtech quality issue. It may be a problem with the company that makes the limbs, and may well be fixed already. They just have no way of knowing what bows are out there with the problem limbs. That's something that I bet is pretty hard to diagnose before it happens. So they just have to deal with it as it happens. Does it suck any less for the person it happens to, no, not at all. However you may switch bow companies to see the same thing or something else happen later down the road. I haven't had that happen in archery yet, but I have with other products. Cars are especially known for this sort of thing.

This could all boil down to one stoned lazy piece of crap worker in a limb factory that ran a days worth of bad parts and no one caught it. Now they don't know where they are and have no way of checking for the problem. You just have to do the waiting game and solve each problem as it occurs, and kiss butt to make up for it. I am quite sure bowtech is looking into the problem and it will be taken care of. Like was already mentioned, it doesn't take long for a company to sink, and bad word of mouth alone can do it.

Paul
Old 09-08-2004, 05:53 PM

Correct me if I have committed an oversight, but I don't recall anyone posting in any of the threads regarding the Bowtech limb issue, that Bowtech (yet) sucks, stinks, is a piece of junk, etc.

Because someone does not wear Bowtech tattoos, T-shirts, and do not sleep on pillows covered with silken Bowtech logoed slip-covers, does not mean that his or her concerns and questions are simply to bash. Believe it or not, the are a lot of shooters that are very cautious and discriminate when it comes to archery products, especially if the product costs an arm and a leg off you and each member of your family.

As for a bow press possibly causing the limb failures; does anyone know if Bowtech advises in the owner's manual and warranty conditions, and has made all Bowtech dealers and authorized service personnel aware that a Bowtech bow can only be pressed in a certain type of bow press, and that should a Bowtech bow be pressed in any other bow press, damage to the bow can occur and result in serious or grave injury to the user, and that a violation of the bow press stipulation voids the warranty?
Old 09-08-2004, 06:40 PM

I am a prospective Bowtech buyer. I own several Mathews bows and even one Bowtech. I have also not had a problem with Mathews, PSE or Bowtech. I have worked for service and repair companies though. I have a few things to mention.

1. First, you will here about more problems from a company that sells a lot of "equipment" vs. one that has a small market share.

2. If the company that is having complaints about its products says " it is not our fault, it is the equipment you are using to work on it," would you believe them? If you believe the company is at fault, then you will not, if you believe they are telling the truth then......

3. You do not have to be a die hard Bowtech fan or basher to realize that you can manipulate the problems the company is having either for the good or bad.

4. I ask this question, out of 1,000 bows manufactured per various bow companies, how many have failures with limbs? The real analysis may suprise you. Will we ever know the answer to that question? Probably not for any company that wants to stay afloat.

Can we agree to disagree about Bowtech and if it is really a problem or an isolated case?
Old 09-08-2004, 08:22 PM

Just to agree or disagree does not disclose what the actual problem is, who is at fault, and does not solve the problem and remove or decrease the risk of injury or death.

Bear Archery had to recall a few thousand bows of just one model because the limbs were breaking and causing injuries. Since the term "only," seems to be the one term that is commonly used in an attempt to override the POSSIBILITY that Bowtech may be marketing, or has marketed in the past, some bows of a certain model that might have flawed limbs, Bear Archery ONLY had 200 reported incidents, and I would assume that Bear had sold thousands of bows. Out of thousands, 200 is not many. How many bows does Bowtech sell annually?

Since no definite answers have been given as to the number of Bowtech limb failures that been reported, what model(s) seem to have the worse record, and what the common cause(s) have factually been determined to be, the issue remains an open book with blank pages for anyone to write what they believe.

I will go out on a limb and say, that you can grit your teeth and squint your eyes when pulling back the limbs of a compound bow, but doing so will not prevent you from being injured when a broken bow limb crashes into your skull or your face.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

At this point in the discussion and due to recent comments I think it is appropriate to summarize the discussion and leave it be until an official response is rendered.

1. Apparently some Bowtech owners have experienced problems with their limbs.

2. The cause of these problems has not yet been determined but it has been suggested that either the improper use of a bow press or a possible defect in the glass material itself could be the reason.

3. Bowtech is aware of the issue and is examining all of the limbs being returned to determine the cause of the problem.

4. New limbs, without defects, are being given to the customers so they may shoot again.

I think that is a fair summary of the situation. But, as anyone should do on a regular basis, check out your entire bow...not just the limbs and not just if you own a Bowtech.....not because of the recent flurry of posts regarding limb problems but rather because it is the right and safe thing to do.

Now, I suggest we leave it at that.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:33 AM

i agree i dont see anyreason to have more threads posted on hear the problem is tookin care of and it was just a defective limb as far as i know period. i will make a post when i get the bow back.. iam very happy with the way its being tooken care of..
Old 09-09-2004, 08:41 AM

I do not want to sound discordant with you, but it is not your prerogative to decide if further threads regarding the problem is or is not necessary.

You instigated this thread, which was the correct thing to do, and then all through the thread you kept trying to censure certain people and insinuating they should shut their mouth. Additionally, you keep indicating that you know what the problem is/was when no else yet does.

The bottom line is; there MIGHT be a safety issue with some of Bowtech's limbs and the problem needs to be investigated and addressed; as should be done with any product that is or is seemingly having safety problems, regardless of product and manufacturer.

It might be case that many of today's radical designs (bow) can only be serviced in a particular type of bow press. If so, Bowtech and all other culpable bow manufacturers are obligated to determine if such is the case and to take all necessary actions to warn the consumer, the dealers, the authorized service centers, etc, and to specifically indicate the type of bow press to be used, and any restrictions and methods of use (bow press) that may apply.

If any manufacturer of any product does not know what their legal obligations are, the Federal Consumer Act (Title 15, Chp. 47 USC) would be a good place to start.

Hard evidence is not necessary concerning any problem with any product for an INDIVIDUAL to file a report with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. The CPSC makes it very clear that they want to know even "….if you think" is all you know. If a manufacturer can't or will not investigate and determine if they are or are not having a product safety issue, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission can and will.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:10 AM

i started this to see if other bowtech shooters would know what could be wrong, i contaced bowtech they said defected limb... but instead of other bowtech shooters tellin me a possible problem i get non bowtech shooters that dont know what they are talking about.. last year i had a hoyt havotec limb splinter and there were i few others i saw and it did not get the attention this is getting.. i respect what other people say but if you dont shot one or have experience with this problem with bowtech then i dont know why you would be saying there is a problem with bowtech limbs. if you have a concern than post on the other thread that is rash with bowtech limbs.. to all you have been helpful and note possible problem i thank you.

Quick Reply: mighty mite limb is cracked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.