Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 mighty mite limb is cracked >

mighty mite limb is cracked

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mighty mite limb is cracked

Old 09-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: mighty mite limb is cracked

True. And some companies are better at responding to it than others.
True, but the best companies customer services are sitting around watching TV and sleeping as opposed being on the phone 24x7 with cutomer equipment problems and defects - kind of like the Maytag Man.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

kind of like the Maytag Man.
The Maytag man is a lying sack of crap... [:@]

Don't get me started... [:@]

All companies have anomalies. Just because a few here have experienced a problem, that doesn't make it nor does it appear to be wide-spread, based on lack of similar reports on other boards.

Knowing that EVERY manufacturer is susceptible, it gives me greater comfort to know the one I bought a bow from is actually interested in seeing me happy and taking care of me hassle free and poste-haste, versus one with a rep for dragging their feet and blaming the consumer, like that $%*#ing Maytag man... [:@]

Seriously, find ONE REPORT of someone with a problem not taken care of promptly by Bowtech, then do the same for other companies. That said, I don't own a Bowtech, but if I were shopping they'd definitely be in the hunt near the top of the list.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:31 AM

If you are a Bowtech owner and are happy with your bow, no matter what, I am not talking to you. If you are a Bowtech owner but do have concerns, or are a prospective buyer still evaluating, I am talking to you.

To those who discern; you have to get past the "great service" mantra that any company and their loyalists might chant, to make the best choice and reduce the odds of spending your hard-earned money for something very expensive that you might have to constantly use the manufacturer's "good service" for.

Sometimes you are smart to cut your possible loss based on just a few incidents of malfunction if the cause is not factually and clearly known. If you have the time and money to blow, then take the gamble; it is your money to blow.

I presently shoot Martin bows, and have done so for the past 14 years. In the past, I have owned PSE, Browning, XI, Bear, Hoyt compounds, and have never had the first malfunction. Yes, I have two backup bows, but not because I expect a malfunction due to design or quality. I might cause a breakage or malfunction, or an accessory could fail and maybe I would not have the time to purchase, install, and shoot in a new accessory.

I guarantee you, as much as I like Martin; good service be damned. If Martin bows started having problems attributable to Martin and I wanted to stay with Martin, I would be on the horn very quickly and I would be asking questions and advising that I would not settle for a song and dance. Otherwise, I would drop Martin in a heartbeat, go with a product that is having a better reputation with quality, and screw the good service hype. I do not want to have to use "good service" if I can avoid it. If I have to use a manufacturer's warranty service it means something has gone wrong.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

True, but the best companies customer services are sitting around watching TV and sleeping as opposed being on the phone 24x7 with cutomer equipment problems and defects - kind of like the Maytag Man.
Actually I think that would be their quality control department I challenge any of you guys to show me some statistical data of any manufacturing based company that does not have defects in their equipment. As of now we don't know whether these defects are propogated by the manufacturer or my misuse. Also, given this is a public forum we do not know for sure, but I can only assume that a misproportionate sampling of bowhunters that have reported here on the board (which has a disproportionately high number of bowtech shooter) , does not represent the number of defects in the bowhunting poulation. What you have here is a couple of people reporting problems out of a couple of hundred bowtech shooters. However, if the sampling were truely random I don't think you would see this trend. I know 15 -18 people shooting bowtechs and i don't know of anyone personally that has had limb trouble. I am not saying that their may not be some issue becasue every bow manufacturere that I have ever know of has had issues at some point or another, however, I am saying that it's WAY to early to be jumping the gun ans saying that bowtech needs to recall their equipment. If this was truely an epidemic it would be plastered all over every message board and everyone from Maine to Mexico would know about it and be reporting problems. Not just 2 or 3 people on this message board.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guarantee you, as much as I like Martin; good service be damned. If Martin bows started having problems attributable to Martin and I wanted to stay with Martin
First off I didn't realize that it had been determined that these problems were attributable to bowtech. Second, of all I use to work at a shop that carried Martin and why I am in now way saying that all Martins are junk, you can bet that some of them are and I have seen a plethora of problems associated with them, just as I have with every other compound bow.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Maytag man is a lying sack of crap...

Don't get me started...
Sorry, didn't mean to hit a sore spot. Just using as an analogy.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:58 AM

i dont see why this post is getting so much attetion i just wanted to know what it was caused from, i just got a defective limb wrote bowtech no problem will be taken care of asap. iam happy with the way its been taken care of but it seem all the non bowtech shooter are not happy and want a anwser and argu with everbody that owns a bowtech, you show me a bow company that takes care of there customers better then bowtech.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:03 AM

Some Martin's might be "junk." I can't attest to that because I have never had a problem of any type. Although it could be possible and I not be aware of it, Martin might have an excessive amount of problems..associated with them.

I can only go by my experience, the fact that I have not yet read much about the "problems," and the "Maine to Mexico" data base doesn't have anything on Martin. However, I will act accordingly if your information starts to become factual. I owe Martin nothing.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:10 AM

the reason that it is getting attention is because the cause is unknown. Actually there are several unknowns.

Such as why is it happening? Design defect? Material defect? Bowpress?

also how many limbs have cracked? is it a widespread problem thoughout the entire Bowtech line, or is it a few isolated cases that happen to be reported on this board? Who knows, maybe the defects are well within the QA/QC tolerances for the total number of bows sold.

I am quite happy with my bow so far, i inspect the limbs after each shooting session and go about my business. i figure the best case is that most of the issues are due to improper service techniques. Worst case is a serious design or material flaw and who knows what would happen in that event.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: oniedaeagle

how long does it take for limbs to come in. season for nothern tier opens the 27
usually 3 or 4 days

Quick Reply: mighty mite limb is cracked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.