HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Time to really test Bowtech customer service... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/71550-time-really-test-bowtech-customer-service.html)

mrfritz44 09-06-2004 08:40 AM

Time to really test Bowtech customer service...

Well, as I sat here this morning getting ready to micro-tune my Patriot's broadhead flight, I noticed a 5 inch splinter on my lower limb. Having occurred so close to our PA archery season, it'll be interesting to see how quickly Bowtech can get a new set of limbs out to me.

On a related note, is there any way to salvage the Sims Limbsavers that I currently have affixed to these limbs, or am I now stuck with that replacement cost as well?

Fritz

akaSharkey 09-06-2004 08:45 AM

RE: Time to really test Bowtech customer service...

I feel for you.:( Maybe if you want to pay a little the can overnight a set of limbs to your dealer. Just out of curiousity what year bow is it. Is this a problem with the 2004 too. I had the limbs replaced on my 2003 Patriot.

mrfritz44 09-06-2004 08:50 AM

It's a 2004.......this should be under full warranty, correct?

akaSharkey 09-06-2004 08:53 AM

If your the original owner it is LIFETIME warrenty. I had no trouble getting my limbs replaced.

nub 09-06-2004 08:54 AM

Slide a razor blade under the plastic the LS is attatched to. Rub the sticky side with a bit of denatured alcohol. Rub on the sticky side with your thumb until all the glue is gone and plastic is clear. Clean your new limb and re-install with a new set of 2 sided stickies. Mine came with an extra set.

DaveC 09-06-2004 08:56 AM

Dang, that's not good to hear seeing hows I've got the same bow.

Maybe Bowtech can remove the limb savers for you.
I've had them pop of of bows in the past and just gel superglues them back on. But since yours didn't pop off I'm not sure how to get them off w/out making it look like you damaged the limbs removing them.

On a lighter note, if mylimbs did splinter I could trade up to 70#ers instead of the 64#ers I've got.
Hope they get it worked out quickly for you.

This is the very reason I have 3 bows ready to hunt, same thing happened to me several years ago w/ my Z-light. I learned a lesson that year. My bow was ready in time, but I was very worried there for a couple of weeks.

mrfritz44 09-06-2004 09:15 AM

I'm almost tempted to ask for a new bow given the finish on this one. The grip area is now a shiny aluminum because the finish has come off. I've been pretty happy with this bow except for the finish and now this limb situation. It's a shame that this had to happen right before the season[:@].

I am the orginal owner and the bow is registered with Bowtech, so hopefully this will be as smooth as possible.

JeramyK 09-06-2004 09:20 AM

Sorry to hear about that mrfritz. [&:] I guess it's a good thing there is still 3 1/2 weeks till our season opener. If all works well you should have time to get everything tuned up for Oct 2nd. ;)

buckeye 09-06-2004 09:22 AM

Man whats the deal with all of these cracked/splintered limbs recently.

I too shoot the 04 Patriot. I love the 3 BowTechs I have owned but I am picking up a trend here. If this obvious flaw isn't taken care of for 05' I may switch back to hoyt or perhaps move on to something else[:o]

But then again, It may not be a design flaw. These bows could have been pressed in the wrong type of bow presses for the parallel limbs.

pdq 5oh 09-06-2004 06:44 PM

Using the right press is very important when pressing the parallel limb bows. I use a Bowmaster at home, so no pressure is put on the riser (pressed at the limb tips). At work, we use the new Apple presses with the jack on the end. They work beautifully. It certainly doesn't hurt to back out the limb bolts before pressing, either. With the older presses you just cannot get close enough to the limb tips to keep from stressing the limbs excessively at the pocket. It's possible to cause splintering that isn't apparent, until having shot the bow. Hopefully, as people learn how to better press the parallel limbs, we'll see less and less problems.