Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Time to really test Bowtech customer service... >

Time to really test Bowtech customer service...

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Time to really test Bowtech customer service...

Old 09-11-2004, 10:52 AM

Default RE: Time to really test Bowtech customer service...

ooooh, more evidence mounts.....
when they sent me my new bow (4 sets of cracked limbs), i shot the strech out, took it in to the shop to have the cable twisted a couple times, i was in the 'bow room', and heard a very loud thud, the thud a bow makes when it jumps out of a press because the idiot operator let the jack out too fast - its a new apple designed for parallel limbs. about 10 minutes later i got the news - my top limb on my brand new bow was splintered. i have no doubt what happened to this one. the only good news was the owner called jaime and they gave me another brand new bow off the rack. surprisingly the string and cable on this one have stretched in harmony, or not stretched hardly at all because the timing has barely, barely changed. i use a no-peep, and really, no matter how much the string stretches, there is no way in hell this bow is going in a press unless its here at home, wwag's, and then only if i have to. something is going on. i think its the presser, but it shouldn't be that damn easy to break them. i will say they have very good customer service, without commenting further on the quality of the limbs. what's up whatever your name is who tried to get me in trouble?
Old 09-11-2004, 11:13 AM

gibblet:

when it jumps out of a press because the idiot operator let the jack out too fast
I suppose this could happen on a "winch" press if someone was stupid enough just flip the brake cog and get out of the way of the spinning handle. Even then; with the new limb technology that can withstand a "dry fire," I wonder how letting out a press too fast would so easily shatter a limb. Are you positive the limb did not shatter while under stress and that is why the bow jumped out of the press?
Old 09-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

c903:
I suppose this could happen on a "winch" press if someone was stupid enough just flip the brake cog and get out of the way of the spinning handle. Even then; with the new limb technology that can withstand a "dry fire," I wonder how letting out a press too fast would so easily shatter a limb. Are you positive the limb did not shatter while under stress and that is why the bow jumped out of the press?
Come on, you can do better than that. Even with the proper equipment, there's no guarantee the operators know what they're doing. [8D]
Please allow me to explain a bit on how the press works. The jack just relaxes the string. When you let the jack down (it can be done slowly), the bow is still held firmly in the press. The jack does not pull down on the riser, it pushes the limb tip inward.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:16 PM

pdq 5oh:

I thank you kindly for the refresher course as to how some presses work. Unless there has been a radical change, I know how a press generally functions.

However, I asked a specific question, your answer is a broad opinion. I believe it could develop some leads as to the possible cause of limbs cracking or breaking if it was known that the press operator did everything right and the limb still broke.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:32 PM

c9, it didn't shatter, it 'feathered' the finish if you know what i'm saying. there was some limb material feathering with the finish. it was a very loud thud. i can't swear to what it was because i was in another room. as i said it was a new apple so it had a hydraulic jack. it sounded like the press arms getting slammed back, the jack completely releasing, and the bow jumping out. i asked what it was and was told the jack sometimes makes that noise letting go - yeah when you completely screw up it does.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:51 PM

Was this the press used on your bow?

Old 09-11-2004, 03:54 PM

i really can't see back into that room. when i was shown the limb i remarked that something must be wrong with their press and they replied it was a new apple designed for bowtech and other parallel limb bows. c, they could be fibbing, but with all the outbacks and bt's they sell i doubt it. next time i'm there i'll get a peek.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

c903, as you can see, this press is pretty different from what's been used, and still is, in many shops. And you're welcome.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:11 PM

I keep hearing an echo!
Old 09-14-2004, 05:39 AM
Typical Buck

UPDATE:

Called Bowtech last night to confirm my limb delivery. They sent them out on the 9th, so I expect them by mid-week.........I hope.

Quick Reply: Time to really test Bowtech customer service...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.