Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bear Whitetail Hunter? >

Bear Whitetail Hunter?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bear Whitetail Hunter?

Old 09-05-2004, 02:45 PM

Default Bear Whitetail Hunter?

A friend gave me an old Bear Whitetail Hunter, and I cannot figure out the draw weight adjustment. . .There are letters on the cable pulleys that look like they can be adjusted, but I'm afraid it might change the draw length instead. . .I emailed escalade sports and they sent me the wrong information, so I'm pretty teed off at them right now. . .Any ideas?
Old 09-05-2004, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bear Whitetail Hunter?

Acually I was just messing with the draw wieght on my Whitetail. Do you see the to arms about a 1/4 way down from each end. Un screw the allen screw a little and move the pulley. A is the lightest, and i think d or somethin is the most. It doesnt change your draw length, atleast i dont think so.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

i have a whitetail hunter in my closet, it was my first bow, i bought it off my best friends mom. Its been so long since i shot it that i dont remember how to adjust it. I do remember the letter markings and the little pulleys. I did change it once and it made a serious change in my draw length, i think i moved it like 3 letters down. If you figure it out please remind me, because i could always get it out and let my girlfriend shoot it.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

to chance the draw weight you change the position of the "pulleys" that connect to the cable. I don't remember which way for what, but it is easy enough to figure out, just make the change in one direction and see if that lowers it. If not then go the other way. I have two of them in my shop. They are nice to have, but not really efficeint compared to most bows today.