Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Has anyone tried the Bow Jack string silencers? >

Has anyone tried the Bow Jack string silencers?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Has anyone tried the Bow Jack string silencers?

Old 09-03-2004, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Has anyone tried the Bow Jack string silencers?

I like cat whiskers too. I'll tell you one thing NOT to try..... yarn.

I don't know what possessed me to do it, but a while back I cut off my cat whiskers, and used some of my wife's black and dark green yarn. I cut a bunch of 2" strips of yarn and tied them onto my string with a doubled over piece of black sewing thread. They looked cool and after about the 3rd shot, they turned into big pom-pom balls.

Bad thing about yarn: {{{TWANGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!}}} [:'(][&o][:-] I mean, my God, my bow sounded like a big upright double bass's string! I immediately ripped them off, ran out to Dick's Sporting Goods and got another set of cat whiskers. They are by far the best dampening string silencer out there. ....lesson learned.

Butch A.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:57 AM

Default RE: Has anyone tried the Bow Jack string silencers?

ORIGINAL: Bigpapascout

then go under and make another over hand knot at the bottom pulling tightly! then come back to the top with another pulling tightly, do this 5 times over and under
bigpapascout, i'm not really following you here. do the overhand knots lay on top of each other or do they sit side-by-side? (do you understand what i'm asking?) i've always just tied them on with small serving by doing an overhand knot then taking the tails to the other side of the string and tying another overhand. then the tails to the original side, tie and overhand, and repeat for a number of times finishing off with a square knot. when doing this, sometimes my knots will lay on top of other knots. i'm trying to visualize what you are describing?

thanks!