Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 cracked limb from bowtech >

cracked limb from bowtech

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

cracked limb from bowtech

Old 08-28-2004, 02:49 PM

Default RE: cracked limb from bowtech

I am shooting 398 grain Gold Tips. The bow is currently set at 65 lbs with a 30 inch draw. Well over the 5 grain per pound. Hell the crack might be my fault, I may of hit it on something. I dont know how it got there I just noticed it. Like I said BowTech replaced the limbs no questiones asked. With hunting season coming up I was concerned about down time. They shipped everything to my dealer fast. Will definatly buy another when the time comes.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's one thing that I personally like about their warranty. No questions asked. You could have run that limb over with a truck.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have to agree that BowTech is number #1 and when notified of a problem act very fast on it . I wouldn't be too upset because it will be taken care of .

nubo
Old 08-28-2004, 05:18 PM

kjclark7: I have the a Patriot , 02 I think, but anyhow before I had it fully tuned I split a limb possibly my fault being their was a very small chip in the limb. no problems replacing it from Bowtech.I shot the hell out of it all summer in league and 2 weeks ago after speed testing my bow my local dealer noticed the limb had a small splinter. This make's it the second set of limbs although the problem is I have been waiting 2 weeks for the replacements and leave for Montana in 2 more so I am starting to get worried. I don't need this splinter worry while I am in the mountains...........

I love the bow but am having serious doubts as to the quality. I'm shooting 70# ,Carbon arrows with a total wieght of 423gr. @ 291fps
Old 08-28-2004, 07:23 PM

pdq 5oh

I do not believe I said, "must be defective design." If I did, I would concede that the term "must" would be a bit premature. I believe I qualified by saying "might be, possibly, indicates, appears, I believe, etc."

Just because you might be chiefly persuaded by "great service," don’t assume that all shooters, or to be shooters, lay aside their suspicions and concerns regarding durability and reliability just because the manufacturer provides great and expedient service. With some people, just a few incidents of malfunctions or defective components is enough to turn them away. It is for me. I would rather not know how good the service in response to a major malfunction.

I have no doubt that Bowtech makes a good bow; but I personally have read of just enough incidents where a limb has cracked, sometimes more than once on the same riser, that I would not purchase a Bowtech bow until Bowtech has come forth and made it clear that 1) Bowtech has confirmed beyond reasonable doubt that the limb failures were caused by something that Bowtech warned against and/or had no direct control over, or 2) Bowtech has determined that the cause(s) of limb failures has been traced to something that Bowtech has full control over and that the problem has been fixed.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

c903, so you've read a few threads on here re: cracked limbs. Go to archerytalk and search another well known bow manufacturer. Many instances there. Many more in fact. And the resulting service was many times, less than satisfactory. I can understand your position. But not your agenda.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:58 PM

I am aware of other bow manufacturers having certain problems that I consider being major. However, just because their (others) service is not as great as Bowtech's, does not mean that a person should overlook the problems that have been occurring with Bowtech bow limbs, no matter how much less the number of incidents…. at this time.

Yes! I do have an agenda. My agenda is to assist in showing as many sides of a story as might exist and to provoke thought. Not every bowhunter cares about being a member of a clique, no matter the cost. I am also confident that although good service is a consideration, many bowhunters would prefer to spend mega bucks for something that is not going to blow up in their face and ruin their day, literally.

Regardless of brand or type, If a bow that I had spent hundreds of dollars for, spent a few hundred more for accessories, and spent a few weeks shooting and tuning, had a major malfunction just several weeks before the season; be damned the great service, I would be one PO'd person. If the bow had a major malfunction during the season, I would create new profanity that would offend the devil. I am not one that just throws a setup together and throws a few shafts at a target and heads for the field. My season would be ruined.

Actually, I am directing what I have to say to those that take the time and expend the effort to cut their losses; beware, this might be one those times. There appears not to be any clear evidence and explanation why some of Bowtech's limbs are failing.

I am curious; regardless of manufacturer, how many limbs must fail before concern becomes legitimate and primary, and service becomes the lesser concern?
Old 08-28-2004, 11:22 PM
nub

c; I think your out to provoke a little more than just thought. How do you manage to over come your paranoia to even shoot a bow? I'm sure, the still un-named brand you shoot, has had its fair share of problems. Has that manufacturer come out and said "oops we fu**** up"!

Your "season would be ruined"? Are you that unprepared for the unexpected? Or do you have a second dinosaur in your closet?
Old 08-29-2004, 12:02 AM

nub:

I have a primary compound and 2 backup compounds. I have a primary recurve and 2 back up recurves. And......?

Here is one for you that may be hard to swallow:

I have always taken great effort to cut my losses as not to ruin my seasons. In 40 years of bowhunting and having owned several brands and types of bows....and gear, I have never had the first major malfunction. In fact, I have had very few minor problems that could not be corrected easily and in short time. Of all the years of I have been in the field, and in some very rough terrain and weather, I have never had the first malfunction during any season, and the seasons (deer) have generally been for 3 to 3-1/2 months.

I don't attribute my trouble-free experience to luck or some exceptional skill. I just cut my losses by not chancing that just a few known problems with bowhunting products was remote and just a few.

Re: "Or do you have a second dinosaur in your closet?"

Stay on subject. Don't let my TIG intimidate or mislead you.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

C903... how about naming a bow company that HAS NOT had occasional issues. That's what warranties are for..

You could buy a Toyota due to their great reliability.. and have one fail in 20k miles.. But who's to say that it was Toyota's fault? You might have drove through high water.. you might not have changed the oil (ever).. ect... But you'd prolly still be on here telling us and everyone that listens how your Toyota failed in 20k mile...

But you don't tell us that you now drive a Chevy.. and you have 3 back up chevys.. just so that you're prepared in case one breaks down.. which they are known to do quite often...

Quick Reply: cracked limb from bowtech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.