Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Should I compensate for this? >

Should I compensate for this?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Should I compensate for this?

Old 08-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Should I compensate for this?

I made a post a day or two ago about my broadheads making a buzzing noise on the way to the target. I tried a lot of things and they are still making a fairly quiet noise. Probably similar to shooting helical feathers. Should I aim low to compensate for a deer reacting more to my loud arrows coming at him? If so how much?
Old 08-24-2004, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Should I compensate for this?

I wouldn't change your shot. Deer aren't that predictable.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:49 PM
nub

Should I aim low to compensate for a deer reacting more to my loud arrows coming at him?
No. fix the buzz if anything.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't fix the buzz. Trust me I tried.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:34 PM
nub

Yes you can. Change heads. Change fletching. Its there, you can eliminate the buzz. Trust me.[>:]
Old 08-25-2004, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nub it does it with both types of my broaheads and it use to not do it. The pro shop said certain bows make broaheads buzz when they are at a certain harmonic. I tried lowering the weight and nothing happened. I don't know why refletching my almost brand new fletchings would help. This never happened before I got my cable twisted to make the limbs max out at 70 and I don't want to untwist them.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:59 AM

Nuge , I went through this with Rocket Steelheads.........and I had 3 out of 3 deer duck shots when I tried to hunt with them anyway ! There a tons of guys on here that swear by Steelheads........I guess I'm the unlucky one !

If your problem was like mine.......it's probably the o-ring on the head fluttering in flight ! I don't know anyway you can fix it .....other than changing to a differently designed head ! Spitfires/RM Gators/Grim Reapers have no o-rings, Shackwaves have a groove in the ferrule and the o-ring remains flush and wind can not pass between the o-ring and ferrule ........just as some examples !!

If you were going to compensate........I wouldn't aim below a heart shot ......and I would keep my shots close (20 yrds or less ) !!

If your fletchings were the problem..........they'd be buzzing with field points and broadheads both !!

Good Luck !!!
Old 08-25-2004, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well these are snypers and the owner of Rocky Mtn. said he has never heard of them making noise. He actually went out and tried to duplicate the noise and couldn't make it happen.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:08 AM

Nuge........your jumping around as bad as me !!

I commented over at the Mathews site on your thread there !

I had missed that your fixed blades and mechanicals were both noisy !!
I bet it's actually your fletchings !!
Old 08-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why would it be my fletchings? They didn't do it before, and they don't do it with field points?

Quick Reply: Should I compensate for this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.