Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Release crisis....... >

Release crisis.......

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Release crisis.......

Old 08-23-2004, 05:37 PM

Default Release crisis.......

Hi guys,

My release crisis continues. I spent some time in the bush with my Carter two shot and it was hectic. I was negotiating some ugly terrain and found it hard to get along with a bow in the one hand and a release dangling from the other wrist. Immediately decided to go for a Carter thumb release.

I am thinking between a Carter Insatiable 2 or a Choc Addictions. Any recommendations for hunting? I like the Insatiable 2 due to the finger hole (to make sure it doesn't fall out of your hand easily), but also fancy the adjustability of the Choc addiction.

Any recommendation/experience?

Greg
Old 08-23-2004, 05:53 PM

Default RE: Release crisis.......

greg you might wanna give winns free flights a try been using one for 5 yrs now wont ever switch
Old 08-23-2004, 07:50 PM

Thanks for the advice deadshot. Problem is that I am based in New Zealand and it is pretty tricky to get a good variety here. Most guys stock the TRU Ball and Carter releases - so thinking of sticking with these for now. I prefer the feel of the Carters over the TRU Ball - but that's just a personal preference.

Cheers,

Greg
Old 08-23-2004, 08:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Have you ever considered going to your fingers? Best release there is for a hunter.

Built into your hand so they're always with you (assuming you haven't done something stupid with a hatchet! [:-]). Multi-tasking (Ever tried picking your nose with a release? Horrible mess.[&o]). Unless you simply want to spend money, there's nothing extra to buy (you can make a lifetime supply of tabs out of one of your wife's old purses).

Old 08-24-2004, 05:07 PM
nub

Hey now! I resemble that remark.