HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Slick Trick shooters? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/69978-slick-trick-shooters.html)

legacy22 08-23-2004 10:55 AM

Slick Trick shooters?

I was thinking of switching from my old stand by (muzzys) to the slick trick broadhead. Is there anyone out there who has experience and can give me enough reason to make the switch? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

rutting 08-23-2004 11:52 AM

RE: Slick Trick shooters?

The slick tricks are great shooting heads.they are built super tough and fly like darts.They are a small compact little tank of a broadhead.I've killed several deer with them over the last two seasons;some with the same head.I just resharpened the blades or replaced the blades and put'em back in the quiver.They open up a nice hole and leave a great blood trail due to the 4 blade configuration.Try'em out,you wo'nt be disappointed.

bigbulls 08-23-2004 05:19 PM

IMO they are the strongest fixed blade broadhead made right now and they are with out a doubt the best flying broadhead I have shot to date.

Solid one piece steel furrel with four blades that will not come out unless you unscrew them from the shaft.

Only grype anyone could have with them is that they are not as readily available as Muzzies but as popular as they are becoming that is sure to be a non issue soon.

Jbra 08-23-2004 09:49 PM

They fly extremely well for me (shooting at my "block"). cant wait to let one loose on a deer this year. My only complaint with them is that one of them, the main part of the broadhead was bend. So That one made for Irregular flight. I spin tested em all, the others were perfect.

legacy22 08-24-2004 10:35 AM

Also, does the 100 gr. 4 blade fly better than a 3 blade muzzy? I realize there arent many slick trick shooters out there, but any experience would be appreciated.

buckeye 08-24-2004 11:47 AM

I shoot them. Great flight and left a good blood trail for me last fall. The funny thing is I let some of my friends test fire my practice heads and they all bought them as well. They fly great out of the 5 bows I have saw them shot out of. They are the easiest head I have ever had to tune.

archer125 08-24-2004 05:03 PM

I made the switch from 125 grain 3 blade Muzzy's last season, and I should have done it a long time ago. Slick Tricks are a great broadhead. I harvested 4 whitetails, and a large black bear last season with the same head. All pass thrus, and a blood trail a blind man could follow. They are by far the most accurate broadhead out here, and I have personally shot most of them. You can really thread a needle when necessary. They are also very durable, and leave HUGE holes in what they hit. I wouldnt hesitate to switch.

nub 08-24-2004 05:36 PM

I haven't shot an animal with them yet, but they are tough. I shoot them for tournies and leagues. I have over 500 shots into sand and dirt butts with a couple of these heads. Never lost a blade. Even with a few nicks, they are accurate. Can't say that about the other 15 or so brands in my tackle box.

Gary @ Slick Trick is a great guy. Cares a lot about the people who shoot his heads. They come first above all shops. He would rather see nub from WI, buckeyehunter from Ohio, jbra, bigbulls, ruttin, and all other Slick Tricksters get their heads first. Dial that # in the website, and you talk to the man. :D

bbahunter 09-22-2004 08:10 PM

The new 85 grain slick trick flies great!
They are very well built heads, for a reasonable price too!

JOE PA 09-22-2004 09:10 PM

You asked for a comparison between the 3 blade Muzzy and the 4 blade Slick Trick. When I started broadhead tuning my bow this year, it was shooting broadheads a little higher than field points. Muzzys and Phantom (100gr.) were both about 2-3" higher than field points when I started. The Slick Tricks were at most 1" high with the same bow that needed more tuning. All the heads seemed to hit very close to the same spot as other arrows with the same head, but the field pts. and each broadhead type shot a little different, with the Slick Tricks hitting much closer to field points than the other 2 heads. After tuning was completed, the field points and all 3 broadheads grouped well out to 40 yards, and grouped together. I can't say for sure that the Tricks group better than the other heads now, but when the bow was not tuned correctly, they hung in there (with the field pts.) better than the ohter heads. I would guess the Slick Tricks would be a little easier to tune, and would be less sensitive to a rough release or maybe wind gusting at the wrong time. They are a bit tougher (IMO) to sharpen, and with the blade angle, make sure the blades are as sharp as you can get them.;)