Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Ready to jump off the roof!!! Liberty string noise >

Ready to jump off the roof!!! Liberty string noise

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ready to jump off the roof!!! Liberty string noise

Old 08-21-2004, 09:11 AM

Default RE: Ready to jump off the roof!!! Liberty string noise

I have been in to local shop to the point where I think they are sick of seeing me....

Bow is 50-60lbs, is maxed at 62.

I need to double check the weight of my arrows - I am shooting vapor carbon aluminums (their version of the a/c/c at 28.25" and 100 gr points with no loop.

String/cable are what came from the factory.

I hadn't checked the limb pocket screw, I'll do that next.

Thanks for the thoughts so far,

Bill
Old 08-21-2004, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check the module screw. I had the same problem, and that was the cause.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]Just to cover some more bases:

1. What is the draw-weight range of your bow and what draw-weight do you have the bow set at?
2. Have you had string/cables replaced lately?
3. What is the total grain weight of your shafts?
4. How are your groups when shooting?

I was just thinking the same thing myself.I was out shooting my carbons last night with no problems at all and decided to shoot some of my alluminums just for the heck of it.My 2 friends were there and they couldent believe how quiet my bow was with the xx78.I am shooting the patriot and might decide to stick with the alluminums this year.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:03 PM

I don't know about the "Liberty," but some bows, type and setup, not brand, can be quite noisy when the shaft is of type and/or weight that cannot absorb most of the bow's energy when shot. What the arrow does not absorb has to go somewhere, and it (energy) does not dissipate into the air. It goes back into the bow, the string, accessories, the person, etc.

However, with all the noise that was being described, my first suspicion was that the draw-weight was set at the bottom of the draw-weight range, which some types of bows do not handle well without becoming excessively noisy; or that the string/cable is/are too long or has stretched excessively and the bow is now sloppy.

I would still put that bow on a scale and check the draw-weight again, especially if the bow has been put in a bow press recently?
Old 08-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW!

Sorry for the rant....... Loosen those things and place a dab of thread-lock before tightening again. Bowtech modules are notorious for coming loose and creating the noise you describe.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:35 AM

MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW! MODULE SCREW!
This would be the first thing I checked. My Liberty is usually pretty quiet, but when it sometimes does make a little noise this has always been the culpret.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:30 AM

is your cable and string touching were they cross over----well this is what i done i pulled the original slide off and let the cables cross were they intended to any way and installed a hicks slide and i have a little more clearance this way----cable and string cross over above cable guard and it shoots great this way. the hicks slide gave me a little more vane clearance also. i love this bow and it shoots as quiet as a mouse.if you still are getting noise something has to be loose some were go over it like a fine tooth comb---make sure everything is anchored in even your draw stop.take the sights and quiver bracket off as suggested.like i said make sure your cable and string are not touching were they cross over at---if so get a hicks slide or use the original but reinstall it below the cable guard and then apply it to your cable guard that way making sure the string or cable that is closest to your cable guard with out the slide attached is set to the shallowest grove on the slide and then set back on that way.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Since you said right up front you've already checked the module screws...

If all else fails, check your axle to axle length, brace height and draw weight. A common cause of excess noise is strings/cables that have too much creep in them. When the rigging isn't under the proper amount of tension, they will twang like a cheap banjo.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:09 PM

I am not familiar with you bow but what I do is I'll hit the side of the bow with my palm to hear if anything is loose you should get a solid thud. One buzz I had a hard time finding was my 2 peice bow quiver the rivets that hold the hood to the bracket has some loose metel inside the rivet I flilled them with some epoxy like a tooth filling and the noise went away. Heres another one that plagued me had the quiver off and when I smacked the bow on the side Id get a solid thud but when I shot I would get a buzz. Here it was my metal watch band. another thing to check I recently bought a wrist sling and the plastic buckle would ocasionally buzz against my riser ( a little fleece over it and it was cured.) Oh do you have silecers on your cables too. I do on mine it does work.
Good Luck
Old 08-27-2004, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

What the *&%# is the deal here?? I am shooting with a kisser and peep, and both are tight and not flopping/rattling around. What gives?
What kind of peep? The kind with the rubber tubing?

Quick Reply: Ready to jump off the roof!!! Liberty string noise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.