Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Wishes for Bowtech 05 >

Wishes for Bowtech 05

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Wishes for Bowtech 05

Old 08-18-2004, 12:22 PM

Default Wishes for Bowtech 05

I shoot a Pro40 Daully for 3D and I have some wishes that I would really like to see for next years Bowtech Pro 40:

First and foremost -- this bow is begging to be outfitted with a 3-track cam system similar to Nitrous-X, Wedel, Tri-stars, etc. The riser already has a giant amount of clearance for centershot and the limbs could easily accept the cams. The Bowtech Daul cams with an X system would make this bow untouchable, IMO and I would have to have at least 2 of them. (One pretty one for target, one camo for hunting and maybe even another camo one as a backup)

Next, I would like to see a little less rounded grip. While I like a slim grip, I prefer it not to be so rounded. I am thinking of getting a Loesch for my bow now.

I would like to see a little better limb retention and rocker system system. The new pockets were a big improvement, but I think a more positive retention/rocker system would ice it.

For cable guarded bows (mine new dream Pro40 doesn't have one, but I realize others will) the set screw that holds it needs to be a little beefier. I have my cable guard marked and every once in a while it starts walking out on me during a lot of shooting -- this cause my impact points to change -- the first time it happened, it took 8 targets for me to find the cause (I was checking everything - rest, sights, cams, you name it). My set crew is on the verge of stripping (the allen head, not the threads).

An if they wish to do a riser change, go 1 or 2 inches longer and get the A-A up a little more.

That is about it for what it would take to make this the Ultimate shooting machine.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:57 PM

Default RE: Wishes for Bowtech 05

I would love a good spot bow from them

Just take the Solo pro 40 and add 2", take that damn reflex out of the riser - so I can get a better balance with a long stab and sight.

X system would be cool too..
Old 08-18-2004, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to see a SC Patriot with and 8" brace height but everything else the same. If they could produce a cam with better nock travel it wouldnt' hurt anything either
Old 08-18-2004, 05:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Me thinks it might be a tad late for a 2005 wish list as I am sure most changes to the lineup have already been made. I do not know about alternative eccentric systems but have a feeling that a "spot bow" might be in the works. It would be a naturally drawn conclusion since it is probably the only design (in terms of overall dimensions) that they have yet to work on.

It is only going to be a few months before you start to see the manufacturers introducing the 2005 models.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Easy guys! if they make any more changes this means I'll have to buy another bow . That mean's DIVORCE that's not good LOL.

nubo
Old 08-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pat (Bowtech Shooter) told me that they do have some "really cool" bows for 2005. He did say that if he told me what they are planning, he would have to shoot me. I guess I forgot to thank him for not telling me!

IMO for a target bow, take the 2001/2002 Pro 38/40 riser and refine it with a better grip, pivoting, locking limb pockets. Level nock travel single or the 3 track twin. I don't believe a hybrid is in the works.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year BowTech announced the Liberty and Justice pretty early last year....I think in September? Does anyone know when they will be released?

I almost bought a new Patriot. But my '02 Patriot shoots to good! I want to get an '05 if there some new stuff.....its just too fun getting new bows!

Can't wait to see what's new!
Old 08-19-2004, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya never know, some of your wishes may be answered, some may not...

As you can see Jeff C's still alive so I didn't twll him squat...

RobVos,

Shrewd makes a great aftermarket grip that's flat on the back but if you really ike it slim and flat, try shooting off the bare riser like I do.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd probably consider buying one next year if they would improve on a couple areas. One, limb pockets. I'd like to see a better design in that area. The other would be the eccentrics. Something tells me that they'll answer that this year. I would like to see their version of a Hybrid system, especially on something like the Patriot.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:07 AM

Personally, I thought the Pro 40 Freedom that I test shot could be a very good spot bow for me. I simply couldn't seem to miss the mark with that bow!!! I really don't know what they could come up with that would overshadow the '04 line up. Seems that there is something for everyone in this year's line It'll be interesting because the R&D department seems to have it's ear open to the public and isn't afraid to change. The string and cables are great, bows are smooth and quiet with accuracy that is beyond "normal" to say the least!!!

Quick Reply: Wishes for Bowtech 05

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.