HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Which broadhead do you use?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/69347-broadhead-do-you-use.html)

stevensondrive 08-17-2004 09:20 AM

Which broadhead do you use??

I have the Crimson Talon and hope to do some serious damage with it this fall. Which one do you use, why?? sucess last year?

Steve

jsasker 08-17-2004 09:24 AM

RE: Which broadhead do you use??

I've used Thunderheads and muzzy with good results but i like the muzzy 100gr 3-blade the best.Muzzy is just more durable and flies great for me.

Wolf killer 08-17-2004 10:22 AM

No need for me to post it would just be a duplicate of jsasker.

RTA47 08-17-2004 10:59 AM

Montec`s!!! This will be my first yr using them but i shot them at a range of 45yrds and cut a peace of tape an inch wide! Then shot one of those bag type targets and blew completly through that like it was not even there! I am shooting a bowtech justice set on 60lb? In my opion THAT is a good broadhead!

Bees 08-17-2004 11:06 AM

I going to shoot magnus stingers from the ground blind.

I going to shoot shockwaves from the trees.

Mykey 08-17-2004 01:06 PM

I use Thunderheads and have never had any reason to try anything else. I find them easy to tune, they fly great and have never let me down as long as i do my part. Also everyone i've ever bought has shaving sharp blades right out of the box. Great broadhead imo!

BobCo19-65 08-17-2004 01:17 PM

I'll be using 135 grain innerloc, and 145 grain stos with adapter.

JeramyK 08-17-2004 01:42 PM

I'm using Muzzy 100gr 4-blades again this year.

ButchA 08-17-2004 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Mykey
I use Thunderheads and have never had any reason to try anything else. I find them easy to tune, they fly great and have never let me down as long as i do my part. Also everyone i've ever bought has shaving sharp blades right out of the box. Great broadhead imo!
DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner here folks! :D

125gr Thunderheads are awesome with my XX75 #2315's. I mean, I can shoot a normal field tip into my Black Hole target, then go up and pull the arrow out, take a small piece of masking tape and cover the hole from the field tip. Then step back again to the same exact 20 yard spot and nock up an arrow with a Thunderhead, and hit the EXACT SAME SPOT that the field tip just did! [8D]

Butch A.

Leverdude 08-17-2004 04:09 PM

I've been using Thunderheads also & they work for me.