Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 When do you finalize your setup? >

When do you finalize your setup?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

When do you finalize your setup?

Old 08-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default When do you finalize your setup?

How much time before the season do you have your setup locked down? I've got about 6 weeks to go and I'm still playing with sights before I decide which to keep on my bow. Pretty much everything else is set. I'd like to be finalized within a couple more weeks here.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:25 AM

Default RE: When do you finalize your setup?

Normally when I run out of spendable cash[&:]. I try to be nailed down at least a month before season. I try to shoot some each week all year long but it don't always work out . Don
Old 08-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine is tuned close enough to perfect right now that the only change I have to make is the tips on the arrows. Was shooting broadheads yesterday to see what adjustments might be needed and found it's almost aperfect setup. Now I can dig out the 3D arrows again.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I usually recheck everything about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks before the season, just like I did last night and this morning. It needed a little tweeking after shooting it for a few months. I'll take it out over the weekend to resight everything up to 50 yards.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:39 AM

Never, I tinker with mine right thru the season. Pisses the guy I hunt with off something terrible I know I shouldn't do it, but I can't stop. I'm always dinking with something. I have two bows now, so maybe I can just mess with one and leave the other one alone. I wouldn't bet on it however.

I don't suggest it, it can get pretty aggrivating at times. I don't hunt all that much though either. Not every day anyway. I won't take the bow out until I'm comfortable with what I did to it, or it's back to the way I had it. I can change sites, rests or arrows and be back up and ready to go in day usually. I like the archery aspect much more than I do the hunting aspect anyway. Some just view archery as a way to extend thier season. For me, I got into archery, then tried hunting. I personally would rather be shooting my bow than sitting in a tree looking at it. That's just me though.

Paul
Old 08-13-2004, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Selfbow, longbow, recurve, barebow/fingers compound, sights/release compound. All set up and ready to go. All I have to finalize is the decision I make about which bow is going with me.

Usually the longbow or selfbow. There's something special about hunting and making meat with bows you made yourself.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:44 PM

My hunting bow has been ready since last season. All I do is check it, twist the cables to take car of the small amount of streatch. checked the paper tuning. and it's good to go. Same setup as last year. don't plan on changing anything on that bow setup wise ever. It works and works well.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ideally I like to give myself at least 30 days prior to the start of the season.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll lock down my set-up a week before i go on the moose hunt and it'll stay that way during the whole season.

nubo
Old 08-15-2004, 11:22 AM

never...to many gadgets

Quick Reply: When do you finalize your setup?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.