Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TurboNock noise

Old 08-28-2004, 06:06 AM

Default RE: TurboNock noise

Again on the noise issue. This is not theory, but results from two years of hunting, not just by me , but by many archers, including the two we sponsered on the tv shows. The sound you hear is not what gets to the animals. We have not had any animal duck or jump the shot. That is hard data!! As to the issue of edges being sharp. We just had our molds reworked to accept nylon.
I ran the finished product for 2 hours in a vibration finisher an that was doing a good job.
I have found a few where there was still a little flash or edge left over so we now vibration finish them for four hours. I responded to the others gentlemans question that got some with a little flash . since he had them. It takes about 10 seconds of rubbing with a fingernail file to eliminate the problem he had.
This is a new product and a new technology and we are trying to deliver the best product possible. If there is a problem we solve it.

The biggest problem we have with the turbo is that most people who get them for the first time shoot them through their bow that is "TUNED "to shoot fletched arrows. The turbo , because of the new addition to the equation of arrow flight , A rifled nock, changes everything about the performance and also the tune of the arrow. If you make the slight changes required the turbos are consistantly more accurate over a range of conditions than fletching.
They are not for everyone. If you like to fletch and refletch arrows do not use turbos.

I do not like to fletch , and to me time is money , especially my free time. I can fletch a dozen turbos in about 2 minutes and go out shooting. This is the time you use just to glue your first vane on a shaft. If I break one I can refletch in a few seconds without any tools.
If someone breaks one of my nocks during a tournament, I can refletch going back to the shooting line.
If I am hunting, and there is bad weather, I can in all likelyhood take a shot with the TURBO in weather conditions that would detract from the accuracy of conventional arrows.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:38 AM

In an effort not to upset folks on this site and to save time.
If you truly have an interest in finding out more about the turbo.
Most of the issues that are being brought up here have been already addressed on other sites/
I am not pushing or promoting other sites ,but just using common sense in saving time .
If you go to Archery Talk . Com ( whether you like the site or not)
and go to their search section and type in TURBO NOCK you will get about a year and a half of issues pro and con on the nock.
I also post in the manufactures area there and no one gets pissy about
talking ablout products there.

I do not want to upset the purpose of this site and want to keep my welcome here and perhaps be treated like any other interested archer.
It has only been about two weeks since I first posted and that was in defense of my products.
If you need more info it would be a lot easier to go where the info is rather than import it here .

A strange thing I am finding out about human nature is how folks use the internet to complain about things.
An example is somewhere earlier in this string.

Every package We send has tuning tips, a toll free number, and a website all of which are there to be of service to the customer.
we rarely get complaints on these sites, and most phone calls are from folks who order but do not want to order on the net.
Most complaints about my product pop up on the websites, where I have to go to and address them. I do not mind, but there are a lot of sites out there. Why is it that when someone has a problem they bypass communicating with the factory where one would think the problem could be solved . It is not just my product but you go to any website and someone is always complaining about a problem with some archery product , and in most cases when you read the posts, rarely is there any information that the person first went to the source ( dealer or manufacturer) first. Some do , but the majority do not.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:13 PM

Most complaints about my product pop up on the websites, where I have to go to and address them. I do not mind, but there are a lot of sites out there. Why is it that when someone has a problem they bypass communicating with the factory where one would think the problem could be solved . It is not just my product but you go to any website and someone is always complaining about a problem with some archery product , and in most cases when you read the posts, rarely is there any information that the person first went to the source ( dealer or manufacturer) first. Some do ,
If it had not for the complaints & questions on these post, we would not have got the 24 nocks we got for experiment: to see what the protest was all about, one could not find fault in a good debate?

We have not had time to experiment yet, but our only interest is trajectory, & accuracy at high speed 300 fps +. Noise ± ? would be a distant #2 point, we expect the arrow to be at the kill before reaction to noise transpires. (less than ½ sec)

And we will perhaps post what we think of them here, & in the way we tried to use them. I would think that would spur, rather than stop experimentation. We are not able to use 100% of our time on Archery & some arguments, debates, or tips that may save a little time is OK.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:42 AM

Well, I said I would try them and I finally did. I will admitt I did not test them the way they ought to be tested. I think they should be shot side by side with a regular fletched arrow to test trajectory and accuracy. I only tested noise and it was not scientific. I did have someone who had no idea what I was doing and listen to a regular fletched and a turbo nock arrow go past them. They did not perceive any difference in sound between the two arrows. In future testing, I would like to test accuracy and trajectory to see if they are the same or better. If everything is even, I would switch to Turbo Nocks next year (Hunting season is to close to switch up this year). The simplicity of changing the fletching in a matter of seconds really appeals to me.

To the maker of turbo nock........Have you thought of adding a lighted nock version?