Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 No room on site for three pins? >

No room on site for three pins?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No room on site for three pins?

Old 08-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default No room on site for three pins?

I had a new string put on and am using new arrows. Thats the only difference. Why don't I have room for my lowest pin? Do you think my nock point is too low or high? I want to set the lowest pin for 40yds but its to low in the sight window. The arrows are overspined if anything. Would the extra weight cause it? I'm confused.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:23 PM

Default RE: No room on site for three pins?

It sounds to me like they moved your peep site when they put the new string on. By moving the peep it changed the anchor points. I believe to correct this you would want to move your peep site down.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hoofers,

When you replace a string, the best thing to do is to shoot it in for a while. Most people say 200 arrows, but I like a more like 300-400. I won't even bother to tune until then. After you have shot a few arrows, do yourself a favor and go to the easton site and download their bow tuning guide, or order one from them, and tune your bow
Old 08-10-2004, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely shoot a few hundred shots in it to settle the rigging. But the fact that you can't get a pin low enough in your sight suggests that your anchor point is too high and your peep is too low. For reference consider that an average distance between nocking point and peep is between 5 and 6", depending on drawlength, ATA and string angle at full draw. But this should get you in the ball park.
Try raising your peep and lowering your anchor. Goodness man, on my hunting bow I can get 80 yards and still have about 3" between the arrow and the sight.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Assuming teh bow is tuned, move the peep sight UP, this will raise all your pins, a small amount will do wonders, move the peep about 1/4 inch and you will have to move the pins at least that much.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

This was done last year. I printed the whole tuning guide and keep it in my file cabinet. I'll bring it to the shop and have them move it up then. I don't know how to tie the fancy knots at the ends. Thanks for all your help.

I paper tuned it the other day and found it ws off quite a bit. I need to work on that somemore. This bow was shooting bullet holes fresh from the shop when I bought it a few years back.