Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 QuikSpins?  Worth the $$$? >

QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

Old 08-04-2004, 09:43 PM

Default QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

I saw a post previously posted with a review from a personal test on the new QuikSpins by NAP. I was excited to even see a 1" difference on groups. IMO that is worth the $$$, but I'm still hesitant to go throw some on because the distance was only 25 yds, etc. I'm curious if anyone has any personal tests or experience with greater distances? I'm looking to improve my groups at 40 yards so I can shoot at that range without hesitation knowing I can make a good shot, etc.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:26 PM

Default RE: QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

If "groups" are tight but impact is just 1" out, you simply adjust your sights. No vane or feather is going to correct a bad shot or realign the path of an arrow that has been shot with an incorrect sight setting.

I would like to see a test between the QuikSpins and feather fletching. In addition; if in fact the QuickSpin vanes do spin a shaft 300% more than what is common, I wonder how much penetration energy is shed off when the broadhead strikes the game. I would also suspect that there has to be a (flight) noise increase.

However, it is your money.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey if ya want to try it go ahead ,I've been thinking of trying them myself just to see what the difference is ,if any but I'm the type to try anything once and if IO like I buy more .

nubo
Old 08-05-2004, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

heres my review of them. http://www.broadheadtests.com/FEATURES2.html
Old 08-05-2004, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thank's 5 shot that was a good review ,and you've helped me decide to buy some of these vanes and give them a try.

nubo
Old 08-05-2004, 07:56 AM

AWESOME review 5 shot! Looks like I'm going to go put some on today now. Your tests at further distances has me ready to try some. Thanks for the info!
Old 08-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

No vane or feather is going to correct a bad shot or realign the path of an arrow that has been shot with an incorrect sight setting.
I agree.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:24 PM

I did not read anything in the test report that indicates that Quikspin vanes can accomplish anymore than what can be accomplished with other types of quality fletching mounted on a well-tuned arrow, to justify the price.

Keep in mind, the Quikspin is a plastic or vinyl-type vane. They will be just as prone to damage as any other plastic vane. However, should any of the vanes be warped or torn, how bad will the arrow flight now be, considering that there is a design feature that causes the shaft to spin harder? Over-rotation of a damaged vane(s) could result in some unusual flight characteristics.

If your arrows have been tuned with the dependency of the tune contingent upon the guidance (rotation) tab that is on each vane, what can happen to your accuracy if one or more of the guidance tabs is damaged while in the field and you do not know it?
Old 08-05-2004, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: c903

I did not read anything in the test report that indicates that Quikspin vanes can accomplish anymore than what can be accomplished with other types of quality fletching mounted on a well-tuned arrow, to justify the price.

I did. I use both fixed and expandable heads. The only way I have been able to get good groups with my fixed heads is through the use of helical vanes. In using helical vanes on carbons, I got fletching contact. That led me to the use of a drop-away. The drop away's come with issues I would be glad to eliminate. If the quickspins can spin the arrow suficiently with straight fletching, it would seem likely that one could avoid fletching contact while using a normal prong rest. I would pay 4 times the current cost for such a product.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:11 PM

Not getting good flight performance from a broadhead mounted shaft is often a result of incorrect spine for the broadhead and broadhead alignment... or both. Too many shooters believe that the same shaft that was flying well and accurate when mounted with a FIELDPOINT, should ALWAYS do the same with a broadhead as long as the broadhead weighs the same as the FIELDPOINT. Not true!

I use 5" feathers on my shafts set at a 1-degree offset, and I shoot off a prong rest. I know that after I shoot in with my fieldpoints I am going to have to tweak the draw-weight and readjust the sights…and maybe tweak the centering and tension on my rest, for the particular broadhead. I commonly get excellent flight and accuracy out to 40 yards.

Quick Reply: QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.