Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 QuikSpins?  Worth the $$$? >

QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

Old 08-05-2004, 06:01 PM

Default RE: QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

You seem to just be looking for a fight
No! You just cannot handle a debate!

There is no magic bullet in archery and one size does not fit all. One person may not blink about possibly blowing their money on something that might turn out to be just another addition to the odds and ends tackle box. Others may not have the money to throw away, or do have the money but are frugal. These people want to hear all sides before they decide.

However, no matter how many ways it is said, it keeps coming out the same. "No other vane or fletch can do what a Quikspin can do, and only Quikspin can efficiently stabilize a large broadhead, and the only vane that can do so when straight fletched. Also, if a bow is (now) partly poorly tuned, Quikspin will pick up the difference and take the shaft to the mark."
Old 08-05-2004, 06:14 PM

What is the point of a debate when you misquote others to attempt to make a point?

You are presenting nothing. You are only questioning others. Bring something to this post.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:19 PM

There is no magic bullet in archery and one size does not fit all. One person may not blink about possibly blowing their money on something that might turn out to be just another addition to the odds and ends tackle box. Others may not have the money to throw away, or do have the money but are frugal. These people want to hear all sides before they decide.

However, no matter how many ways it is said, it keeps coming out the same. "No other vane or fletch can do what a Quikspin can do, and only Quikspin can efficiently stabilize a large broadhead, and the only vane that can do so when straight fletched. Also, if a bow is (now) partly poorly tuned, Quikspin will pick up the difference and take the shaft to the mark."
C903, what makes you think you can have a debate with the folks that have used quick spins. You haven't, so just exactly what are you basing your statements on; heresay..............you crack me up. Who are you the devil's advocate for Hunting.net
Old 08-05-2004, 08:02 PM

I am truly begining to wonder if c903 knows anything about quikspins. Just going by his posts, it would appear that he thinks they are just another new vane with nothing to differentiate them from other vanes. There has been no debate here at all. Debate would look more like this:

"I have tried quikspins. I don't like them. They do not adhere well to the shafts. I shot identical arrows with quikspins and Bohning vanes both at 2* offset as well as straight. Using 1 1/2" broadheads, I could see no measurable difference between the quikspins and the....yada yada yada."

This thread is now just sad.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:50 PM

C903, what makes you think you can have a debate with the folks that have used quick spins.
Because I can, and because I know something about archery.

My argument is not that "Quikspin" vanes are not a good vane, or that a "Whisker Biscuit" is not a passable "get by" rest, or that "drop aways" are not good rests if you can get them to always function correctly, or that a "No Peep" is totally useless, etc.

My main point is; there is no piece of gear that can compensate for the lack of the necessary skills that need to be learned, and there is no piece of gear that can totally compensate for bad form, bad shooting, poor tuning, bad setups. It is quite obvious that too many of today's shooters are swallowing all the hype, believe that certain gear will perform some kind of autopilot shooting. As a result, many do not learn what they need to learn, and do not know how to troubleshoot their own shooting problems when the piece of miracle-gear does not live up to the claims.

Some sample comments and evaluations by some dissatisfied Quikspin USERS:

http://www.bowsite.org/bowsite/tf/bg...ges=17&forum=2

http://www.bowsite.org/bowsite/tf/bg...ges=10&forum=2

http://www.bowsite.org/bowsite/tf/bg...ages=4&forum=2
Old 08-05-2004, 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: c903

My main point is; there is no piece of gear that can compensate for the lack of the necessary skills that need to be learned, and there is no piece of gear that can totally compensate for bad form, bad shooting, poor tuning, bad setups. It is quite obvious that too many of today's shooters are swallowing all the hype, believe that certain gear will perform some kind of autopilot shooting. As a result, many do not learn what they need to learn, and do not know how to troubleshoot their own shooting problems when the piece of miracle-gear does not live up to the claims.
c903 - I will agree totally with you on this point and I was in NO way trying to ever say or ask if QuikSpins were that miracle vane out there. I'm very precise in my shooting, I'm constantly tuning or checking the tuning on my bow, I try hard to get rid of my bad habits, I would consider myself a good shooter, etc. I fully know nothing will ever auto-pilot my arrow out there. I do know however that technology can help. I bought a new Hoyt last year and my accuracy increased alot over my "other" 15 year old bow. Why? My new bow is flatter, easier to tune and more forgiving due to technology. I see these QuikSpins out and I wonder if they might help too. The key word is HELP. What if they shrink my groups too? I posted this post to see if others had tried them, etc. I wanted to know if I should spent that much money to try them. Granted, in the big picture of my setup, it is a minimal cost, but little costs add up to alot over time. I know this, so I wanted to know if it's worth trying them, etc.

I will continue to work on my shooting, getting rid of my habits, tuning my bow and working on becoming a better shooter. I will also give technology a try and see if it helps and go from there. I'm usually very against technology. Using the same bow for 15 years isn't what you call a techno chaser! I'm also skeptical of fall away rests. Just too much moving on my bow and I'll stick my rest. Last year was my first year to try carbons, etc. The list goes on.

Thanks for the links and continued reviews of these. I'm hopeful they will help, but won't know until I try them myself.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:06 PM

I'm hopeful they will help, but won't know until I try them myself.
There you go. After all, the only way you will ever know if you are going to like something is if you try it. Perhaps you can let us know how they work for you. At least you will have an informed opinion backed up by experience.

It is kind of like this. Would you take advice about what movies to watch from someone who has never seen them?

C903, I see where you are coming from. And thanks for digging up those links. It only helps to add to the information base. However, I don't think anyone in this post tried to say that the Quickspins were a replacement for good form and a well tuned bow. No more than expandable broadheads should be used to compensate for poor fixed blade flight.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: NorthernMN
Perhaps you can let us know how they work for you. At least you will have an informed opinion backed up by experience.
I'm going to try them tomorrow evening. I'll probably post my "results" in a new thread and I'll link to it here.

I plan to shoot them side by side with my current ones, with broadheads (practice blades). I will shoot 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards. I won't get alot of data, but should get some initial answers... noise, drop at distance, etc.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:51 PM

It is kind of like this. Would you take advice about what movies to watch from someone who has never seen them?
Does not compare.

I have never used Quikspins, but I do know a little bit about how to properly set up an arrow and what is realistic when faced with the common physics of arrow flight and energy (forces). In archery, it is often a Peter pay Paul trade off.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:28 PM
CG

c903- You shoot feathers, correct? Why? I'm sure you have your reasons just as I do for shooting QuikSpins over any other fletching type. IMHO and IME they are very forgiving when you have a BH on the end of the arrow. I've been caught in some pretty odd shooting positions in my days of hunting and forgivness is a good thing. This is the very same reason I shot feathers but QuikSpins are quieter (subjectively, based on what I hear, not measured) and don't require the up keep of feathers especially in wet weather. Those things are why I think they are better than any other vane or fletching out there. Can I get a BH tipped arrow to fly with other vanes or even feathers? Sure.....but these make it so much more easy.

Quick Reply: QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.