Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 QuikSpins?  Worth the $$$? >

QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

Old 08-05-2004, 04:30 PM

Default RE: QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

As much as I hate to get in the middle of a perfectly good argument...

The Quickspins can in fact do what no other vane can do. That is; give exceptional control of a large fixed blade broad head fletched in a straight configuration. Find me another vane that can be fletched with very little offset or helical and still control a large fixed blade broad head. And don't tell me that it is just a tuning issue. Even a well tuned bow can't overcome the ability of a broad head to steer an arrow. Otherwise we would skip the fletching process.

More importantly, why would we care to fletch without helical or a hard offset. Your choice of rest may be the biggest. Unless you use a drop away rest then there is definitely contact issues you have to deal with if you are using helical fletchings.

There is my 2 cents. And just for the record, I have been shooting Quickspins for a few weeks now.

And while I am at it, I did take my bow out of tune just to see what would happen. The arrows do seem to recover more quickly using Quickspins than anything else I have tried including feathers.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: NorthernMN

And just for the record, I have been shooting Quickspins for a few weeks now.
How has it been shooting them overall? Better groups in general?
Old 08-05-2004, 04:36 PM

Honestly, I had to stop shooting at the same spot. I have broke two arrows since I have started shooting Quickspins. So yeah, better groups. In this case a little too tight.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:40 PM

Honestly, I had to stop shooting at the same spot. I have broke two arrows since I have started shooting Quickspins. So yeah, better groups. In this case a little too tight.
Thanks Northern! All I'm looking for are some real world tests. Nothing else. I know that new technology and products always have hype. Jeez, some products die or survive the first few years on hype or lack thereof alone. I've seen enough "tests" to try them myself and most importantly... decide for myself. Thanks again!
Old 08-05-2004, 05:33 PM

Let me see if I have this correct!

1. Only with Quikspin vanes can one shoot consistently accurate and shoot tight groups.
2. Quikspin vanes can actually correct any bad arrow flight and any negative affect on accuracy of an arrow shot from a poorly tuned bow.
3. No other vane or feather can enable tight groups and accuracy unless the vane/fletch is set at a hard helical.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:38 PM

How about noise?
Old 08-05-2004, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: c903

Let me see if I have this correct!

1. Only with Quikspin vanes can one shoot consistently accurate and shoot tight groups.
2. Quikspin vanes can actually correct any bad arrow flight and any negative affect on accuracy of an arrow shot from a poorly tuned bow.
3. No other vane or feather can enable tight groups and accuracy unless the vane/fletch is set at a hard helical.
1. Uhhh... No.. nobody has said this either. You can shoot consistently with most vanes or feathers.

2. Question this one too, but I don't know. Haven't tried them for myself.

3. Now your just getting silly and sarcastic.

Just curious, will you ever try them for yourself? Also, you seem pretty determined to question them. I understand fully some of your questions and concerns, but what if they really do help a bit. I don't think anyone here thinks they are a "golden solution" to all problems and everyone should ONLY shoot QuikSpins. As I said before, if they help a little bit, I'm all for them. Alot of little here and there with all we do can add up to alot.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:51 PM

C903, you really don't have it correct.

1. You can shoot tight groups from a well tuned bow without any fletching. However, try that with a big broad head attached.

2. Read what I wrote. The arrows recover quicker. If you are shoot a poorly tuned bow you will not get the accuracy that you would get from a well tuned bow. You may be able to shoot good groups at a given distance but not at all distances. The only thing that will make up for poor arrow flight is fixing the problem that is causing the poor flight.

3. I have not shot a vane or feather that was straight fletched and could overcome a large broadhead's ability to steer an arrow. At least not nearly as well as Quickspins.

You seem to just be looking for a fight.

As far as noise, I would compare them to shooting feathers.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:54 PM

C903,
what the heck is the big deal about quick spins. Sure they are pricey, so is a lot of other stuff archery related. $180.00 hunting sight (Spot hogg hunter) $139.00 rest (guide series drop zone) $110.00 strings (winners choice) $120.00 arrows (ACC's). Oh, I forgot the bow Ultratec $725.00. If you aren't interested in posting something constructive and haven't done a test on quick spins yourself then what's your point? FWIW I have been shooting the quick spins for month and have made the decision that they are worth $18.00 (a dozen) to fletch my hunting and target arrows. In the real world of hunting most of us don't end up shooting with the best form in the world when it counts. Quick Spins will stabilize your arrow quicker and can be shot with minimal offset. Sure they aren't the toughest vane made, and no they don't make your groups that much tighter, but if you're shooting from your knees on the side of a hill at the bull of a lifetime at 35 yards they'll work better than anything I've used previously. One of the great things about archery is all the fun stuff we get to fool with and see if works. Quick spins work EOS.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Roland from Calif.

C903,
what the heck is the big deal about quick spins. Sure they are pricey, so is a lot of other stuff archery related. $180.00 hunting sight (Spot hogg hunter) $139.00 rest (guide series drop zone) $110.00 strings (winners choice) $120.00 arrows (ACC's). Oh, I forgot the bow Ultratec $725.00. If you aren't interested in posting something constructive and haven't done a test on quick spins yourself then what's your point? FWIW I have been shooting the quick spins for month and have made the decision that they are worth $18.00 (a dozen) to fletch my hunting and target arrows. In the real world of hunting most of us don't end up shooting with the best form in the world when it counts. Quick Spins will stabilize your arrow quicker and can be shot with minimal offset. Sure they aren't the toughest vane made, and no they don't make your groups that much tighter, but if you're shooting from your knees on the side of a hill at the bull of a lifetime at 35 yards they'll work better than anything I've used previously. One of the great things about archery is all the fun stuff we get to fool with and see if works. Quick spins work EOS.
Roland.. you pretty much sum it right up!

Quick Reply: QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.