Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Problems paper tuning Outback..HELP >

Problems paper tuning Outback..HELP

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Problems paper tuning Outback..HELP

Old 08-09-2004, 01:17 PM

Default RE: Problems paper tuning Outback..HELP

I was having a similar problem while paper tuning and kept moving everything around. I had my setup so far off it was almost funny. Turned out to be my form. Listen to them when they say "zero" everything and concentrate on form. That is why archery is so much fun, you must practice, practice, practice... Lucky for me I like to shoot my bow.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:28 AM

I'm gonna have to agree with derby. I think it's your cam timing. If thats the case, you're wasting your time with all your other tweeking. I'm not sure on the outbacks cam. I have a legacy. But, if they are similar, or the same, the two small holes in the cam have to be parallel with the string, or at least very close. Check on that before u make all these adjustments.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:06 AM

Just thought I'd give you all a follow up....
There were 3 major factors to my problem. I adjusted to much all at once and it gave me the same result as if I didn't do anything,making my rest be maxed out to the right. Second my paper holder wasn't exactly parallel to my target causing the arrow to enter at a little angle. Third, my release was twisting my string on full draw which also led to my peep problem. Switched from a Winn Flight c-10 to Tru-Ball Tornado w' 360* swivel head and solved the problem. Now I'm shooting awesome groups out to 40 yds.! THANKS everyone...
Old 08-14-2004, 09:36 AM

Glad to hear you got it all figured out. Good luck!