Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 figure this one out >

figure this one out

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

figure this one out

Old 07-30-2004, 05:52 PM

Default figure this one out

make a long story short, got a bowtech pro 38 from hunters friend out of kentucky.put a preadator pendulum on and changed to shurz peep. bow was shooting good,got the 50/60 limbs. got used to shooting the fifty an decided to go up on #lbs. went to local bowtech dealer an he said it was maxed. called hunters friend an they said send it back an they would see whats going on and straighten it out. should of went from 50 and up to 60. what in the world you guys think was wrong?
Old 07-30-2004, 10:26 PM

Default RE: figure this one out

first of all when you went to the local bow tech dealer he should of been able to deal with the problem instead of you sending the bow back. sounds like the wrong set of limbs and they should of been able to take the limbs off the riser and checked the number on the bottom of the limb to id if that was the problem or not.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:24 AM

yeah i know. just thought best to let hunters friend straighten it out since i got it from them. im like you though ithink they put wrong limbs on though. paper work on bow when i recieved it fist time stated it was on 55 lbs. dont see how it could have been an dont see the cable stretching that much. local dealer did try it a another set of scales an was going to check limbs but i wanted hunters friend to straighten it out since they put it together. i would think wrong limbs like you.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

First off, if you've got a local Bowtech dealer, huntersfriend should not have sold you the bow. Huntersfriend disregarded a fellow dealer's protected territory. I think there's a 30-mile radius around each dealer on that Bowtech in the Boonies plan where huntersfriend is not authorized to sell.

If you told the dealer where and how you got the bow, then maybe he was ticked at you and huntersfriend and didn't feel too darn obligated to spend much of his time and effort jacking with you. I'm betting he could've handled the problem right there... if you'd have bought the bow from him in the first place.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:12 PM

first of all ARTHUR i know that. second ARTHUR the nearest archery dealer to me is 34 miles . third ARTHUR the nearest bowtech dealer is 115 miles. you see ARTHUR i do live in the major bonnies. fourth ARTHUR i already new that , im not stupid. so you see ARTHUR it was about as easy to send it back to be fixed as it would be for me to drive , though i did just to have it looked at, but i wanted to let t hunter to fix it. better think twice before you jump ARTHUR. BY BY
Old 08-05-2004, 09:33 PM

Art P:

"1..2..3..4..5...6....."
Old 08-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

drthunder,
First of all Arthur had very valid points based upon the information as you presented it, and was offering his opinion........secondly, if you don't want EVERYONE's opinion then you should have just asked Huntersfriend and handled the matter privately instead of presenting your problem here. That attitude isn't going to bring the knowledgable guys here running to your rescue trust me.

On my own note, I am confused as to what you are saying?
You got used to shooting at 50# but wanted to go up in weight.......if the bow was maxed out then the limbs were already bottomed and you should have known even before you went to the dealer that you weren't going to get anymore weight.
The tag from Huntersfriend stated 55# with bottomed limbs?

Also, you drove to your "Local" BowTech dealer 115miles away to have him tell you the bow's draw weight is maxed?

I guess I'm not following.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:10 PM
Typical Buck

Matt/PA did you miss this part?

fourth ARTHUR i already new that , im not stupid.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

+1 to the ignore list.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cant figure out how hunters friend is getting away wit selling Bowtechs on line to begin with. I thought Bow tech was a pro shop bow ?

Quick Reply: figure this one out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.