Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 shot a bowtech today......sweet bow.... >

shot a bowtech today......sweet bow....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shot a bowtech today......sweet bow....

Old 07-27-2004, 10:06 PM

Default RE: shot a bowtech today......sweet bow....

mighty mite
Old 07-28-2004, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never shot a bowtech but i'll be in the market for a new bow this spring and my local dealer just picked up the bowtech line this year so i'll definately give them a test drive. I'm interested in the Patriot dually myself so that will be the main one i want to try out first as well as the pro 40 wheely. I'll be looking for a bow that isn't a bear to draw due to high poundage bows from the past and aging shoulders. I like the specs of the bow in general with the nice brace height and the ata length. I'm no speed freak but that looks to be pretty impressive also with these bows and lower poundage. Any ideal what kind of speeds i might be looking at with the patriot or a wheely with a 30" draw 29" 5575xt @ 374grns shooting 60/62lbs? My shoulders aren't as good as they use to be so how hard are the duallys to roll over at around 60-62lbs compared to the wheely? Thanks!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mykey, the Wheely will draw aesier, #4#. A Pat Dually at your specs should shoot around 295. The Wheely about 20 fps slower. If you're looking at the Wheely, also look at the P40 Dually. IMO it draws easier than the Patriot, and has a wider valley. The Dually will be in the same ballpark as the Patriot re: speed.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

i have the mighty mite and its the most accurate bow i have ever owned. you won't be disappointed.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Phil has much more experience than I with the entire line. I got 275 fps. with my Wheely. That was with a 378 gr. arrow, 62# and 29" draw. The Wheely is very easy on the shoulder, as it gives you the full peak weight early, and then drops off to a lesser weight for most of the rest of the draw. Very easy and smooth to draw for me.

I am surprised to hear that the Dually had more valley than the Patriot though. A friend who drew one seemed to think it had no valley at all. Perhaps it was a synch issue.

After drawing and shooting some Freedom cam bows, I would say that they draw even smoother than the Wheely, and shoot with less noise and vibration, even though the Wheely is not loud by any means.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:20 PM

My Patriot Dually set at 30 inch 70 lbs with a 396 grain Goldtip was 307 fps on the crono at my local shop.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

I have to agree with JOE PA on that one I had the whelly it is SMOOOTH, but the Fredom cam bows are also VERY smooth with a nicer wall on them. I really feel that draw length plays a big role in the BT's dually lineup. I have a 28" draw and my dually felt different then a friend of mine who had a 30" draw. That is one of the reasons I really enjoy the Freedom Cam bows. I really do not think that there is a smoother bow.

By the way that article in OL was pretty cool comparing those 21 various model bows.

IMHO, I feel that there are alot of nice bows out there, I just prefer the BowTech lineup. They seem to offer a bow in any category a shooter/hunter would want. They have the fast and smooth dually's they have the ever smooth/fast Infinty cam (On the Patriot, Pro 40, MM, tom kat etc) And they have the smoooth, quiet, and quick Liberty and Justice models........and do not forget the wheely bow. Thay did an exellent job with the '04 line-up , I can not wait 'til '05.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:11 PM

I don't know Bobcat. I bought the 04 Mighty Mite this year and its the best bow I ever owned. And this is coming from someone who buys a new bow every year! I think you should get one no matter what it takes. Only kidding. They will be there next year....
Old 07-29-2004, 11:59 PM

Don't delay, get one today I hear that top coon hunters with walker dogs prefer BowTech bows 10 to 1 over all the other competition put togther. I had two walkers about 23 years ago,,, very tough night hunters!!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take some good advice ,if you shoot the Patriot Dually you'll never be the same ,you'll not be able to put it down and it'll be coming home with you .I know all too well because I just love my dually .

nubo