HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Timberline No Peep Set Up (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/6626-timberline-no-peep-set-up.html)

mordecaia 02-24-2002 06:22 PM

Timberline No Peep Set Up

I know some one else uses this product and right now its got me flustered. Ive got it set so I can see the good green background when I hit my anchor but in order to get the background circle to line up behind the main dot i must raise my head up about4". I can see the circle behind the dot low and slightly to the right. What the heck do I have to move to get this thing to line up again correctly?

nontypical buk 02-24-2002 06:35 PM

RE: Timberline No Peep Set Up

I don't know much about those sights, I was interested in how they actually worked. It seems like at the moment of truth I would be worried about the sight more than anything else. Go with the peep or a kisser button if you can't see through your peep its time to hang things up.

moparman 02-24-2002 06:48 PM

mordecaia

the nopeep works really well, but does take a bit to get it lined up correctly. once its where you want it and tight, you are good to go.

the best advice i can give is to draw your bow back to where you anchor. then get someone to move the nopeep around until you see it correctly. have them tighten it down BEFORE you let down the bow. that way it wont move when letting it down.

good luck
John

Deleted User 02-24-2002 07:23 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

cubdriver 02-24-2002 11:11 PM

Noparman & Siskiyu have it right. I would suggets also that when it is locked in place that you draw your bow with your eyes shut and see if it is positioned properly. It is too easy to shift your anchor very slightly unless you check it that way. Good luck, I'm sure you will like it!

Ossage 02-24-2002 11:43 PM

Familiarize yourself with the adjustments. The vertical is on the basis of a screw that runs in an arc cut slot. It also has a limit screw if I recall. You need to drop the side you look at down. The left right screws are similar.

Adjust the on which is the most harmfully out first, so if you can see the left right by just moving the string away from your cheek a bit, forget it for now. Move the vertical first. When you have it where you want it, then move on to the L/R.

The real test is when you draw to anchor, and settle into your anchor with your eyes closed, get the anchor to feel comfortable, and then open your eyes and find the bubble centered. It takes a lot of draw/adjust cycles to get that where you want it.

If this thing ever became super popular, and it is fairly so now, then they should bring out a microdrive version. The current adjustments while OK are pretty crude compared to what we are used to with our sights.

richie916 02-25-2002 01:01 AM

Mordecaia
Stick with it like John said it helps to have help. My uncle gave me his said he didn't like it. I think he just got frustrated trying to get it to line up. John has been helping me and it was fairly easy. good luck and stay with it you'll like it

Rich

Edited by - richie916 on 02/25/2002 02:02:37

Black Frog 02-25-2002 06:54 AM

They can be a little touchy to set up, but once you have them dialed in- they are fabulous.

Some tips for setting them up- read the directions supplied with the unit! They are pretty decent.

Lower the poundage on your bow to it's lower limits as you'll be pulling it back a LOT of times.

Having someone else help you will speed things up tremendously. While you are doing the pulling back, have the other person do the adjusting of the set screws per your directions.

Close your eyes and pull your bow back to your normal anchor point- now open them. Is the No-Peep lined up? If not you need to adjust some more. Make sure you line up the NP to YOUR form, not the other way around. You shouldn't be adjusting your positioning to the NP.

If you open your eyes and the NP is not lined up, you'll need to move your head around to find out which way the NP needs ot be adjusted. This is where the other person comes in handy. You can tell them to adjust up/down or left/right depending on where you need the circle to be. it might be less confusing if you stay with adjusting one direction at a time- that is get your left/right or up/down in the ballpark first before doing the other axis. Once you do it a few times it gets easier.

Now after you've done all this pulling back and adjusting, put the bow away for a few hours or better yet, overnight. Then come back to it later (the next day) and close your eyes, pull to anchor, and open them. It may need a little tweaking of position now that you have a fresh set of muscles and good form. All that pulling back and holding can degrade your form a bit while initally adjusting.

Best of luck!

ChiefHeadhunter 02-25-2002 07:04 AM

Stick with it and take the advice given here. Adjusting the nopeep to -you- is the main idea; you shouldn't have to move from your most natural/comfortable anchor to line the thing up. It is very touchy but that's what makes it so effective as a point of reference. One thing I noticed was while adjusting the up and down, remove the shiny lock washer from the slotted screw and you can move it easier and use the length of the slot to gage exactly how much your moving it. Then when you're adjusted, lock the fixed screw and put the lock washer back on. I find this helps because I don't have help zeroing it in. The adjustments are really small when your almost there. You'll see a difference in a 5th or a 10th of a turn on the left to right screw so take your time.
I mounted it just above my sites this time and I'm happy with it there so find what suits you and your setup best. Don't let yourself adjust to the no peep though.
Good luck with it.

I just noticed BF did a great job of explaining how to do it. You should be fine from here. Let us know how you like it.

Edited by - chiefheadhunter on 02/25/2002 08:08:40