Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Carbon Express / Cabelas Arrows >

Carbon Express / Cabelas Arrows

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Carbon Express / Cabelas Arrows

Old 07-15-2004, 02:09 PM

Default Carbon Express / Cabelas Arrows

Are Cabela's Oufitter Series Arrows the same as Carbon Express Terminator Hunter arrows with a different label?

There seem to be many many similarities in the arrow descriptions, except for the price of course (about $20 per dozen)
Old 07-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Carbon Express / Cabelas Arrows

I'd say yes.. also the same arrows are sold at Walmart...
Old 07-15-2004, 05:41 PM

yeah i bought some at wal-mart last year, cheapest price i saw for CEs
Old 07-16-2004, 05:23 PM

I just switched from CE Terms because they are a tad too heavy for me, 10.5ish pi and switched to Gold Tip Expeditions at like 8.5 pi. $29 at ander MTN. Both are excellent quality.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

They look similar, but I don't think they are the exact same arrow.

CX Terminators in 60-75 size with camo are 12 grains per inch, and the Cabelas version is over 13 grains per inch according to thier catalog.

That said, my Terminators always came up heavy compared to what the specs should of been. I remember being flabbergasted at the speed I thought I should have got out of my Q2XL, and what actually showed up on the chrono. So I weighed the arrow and it was 22 or 23 grains heavier than what it should have been according to the manufacturers weight specs.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:32 PM

Why on earth would anyone BUY ARROWS from WAL MART?!?!!? or any hunting gear for that matter. its been proven that the ammo wal mart sells is of low quality. i saw the same turkey vest that i bought at cabelas 20 dollars cheaper at wal mart. i highly doubt its because wal mart sells it for low prices. its because its low quality. i guess if you wanna save a few bucks, more power to ya. just dont go whining when the arrows are diffrent weights and the stuff is inferior.

as far as arrows, my CX-200's look identical to cabelas carbon hunters..but the carbon hunters are 80 bucks cheaper. the terminator and the cabelas arrows probbaly are the same though.

slayer
Old 07-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

I buy lots of hunting gear from wal-mart. I don't have a endless bank. There arrows have always worked good for me. Just my two cents.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why on earth would anyone BUY ARROWS from WAL MART?!?!!? or any hunting gear for that matter. its been proven that the ammo wal mart sells is of low quality.
Horsefeathers! If it makes you feel better to spend more money then you go right ahead and do it but don't try telling us that just because it is from Wal Mart it is of less quality. Wal Mart sells for less because they buy so much more and thats where the discounts come in. It's simple market economics.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

it's been proven that the ammo wal mart sells is of low quality.
Well that's a big load of bull crap, it's actually coming out of my computer.

Yeah, big companies like Remington, Federal premium, Winchester, CCI, etc will risk their reputation and a lawsuit so they can sell inferior ammo. Like they got a Walmart specific assembly line that specificaly spits out products inferior to the rest of the plant. Give me a break.

Please show us your proven tests.

i saw the same turkey vest that i bought at cabelas 20 dollars cheaper at wal mart. i highly doubt its because wal mart sells it for low prices.
Looks like you spent $20.00 too much.

BTW, I got some air I am neding to sell.

As for the original question, I do believe they are the same arrow. Cabelas can market them under their own name and sell them cheaper for the same reason that Walmart can sell stuff cheaper. BUYING POWER!
Old 07-19-2004, 07:25 AM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

it's been proven that the ammo wal mart sells is of low quality.
Yeah, big companies like Remington, Federal premium, Winchester, CCI, etc will risk their reputation and a lawsuit so they can sell inferior ammo. Like they got a Walmart specific assembly line that specificaly spits out products inferior to the rest of the plant. Give me a break.

Please show us your proven tests.

i saw the same turkey vest that i bought at cabelas 20 dollars cheaper at wal mart. i highly doubt its because wal mart sells it for low prices.
Looks like you spent $20.00 too much.

lol, i totally agree with you. deerslayer, please show us your "proven" tests. LOL!