HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Finally shooting the new bow - need some help/advice (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/65374-finally-shooting-new-bow-need-some-help-advice.html)

doughboysigep 07-06-2004 06:19 PM

Finally shooting the new bow - need some help/advice

well I started shooting the other day - 8 yds. shots were low right even with my bottom pin. moved the sight right and down. still somewhat low and still right. I lined my nock up with my rest and could see that the pins were still too far left, so i adjusted more so they were basically in line, then shot again. still a touch right. my problem is - I have no more right adjust in my PSE F-22 sight and it is about tapped out on the up/down adjust.

my question is can i mount the sight on the inside if the riser?? (that would give me more right adjustment. if not what can i do?

I am also hitting my arm with the string on release. i would do this every once in a rare while with my old bow but i am doing it know with every shot. i think my form is ok - not doing anything different that i can tell. any thought?

thanks in advance for your input

c j 07-06-2004 06:31 PM

RE: Finally shooting the new bow - need some help/advice

Change your anchor point?

Bigpapascout 07-06-2004 06:59 PM

your draw length is too long and the rest is not in line with the center of the stringgoing by what you are saying here.

jsasker 07-07-2004 06:05 AM

Try moving the rest to the left.

extreme1 07-07-2004 06:20 AM

With the siting in problem it sounds like you have to anchor a little lower,are you using a peep site and staying fairly consistent in your form.

The string slapping your arm consistently is a cause of the draw lenght being to long,or you are locking your elbow,and canting the bow---try using a different grip and relax:)
Another thing,how is your center shot ?

extreme1 07-07-2004 06:24 AM

I will also reccomend going to easton and downloading there easton tuning guide.It will give you any info you need to know from centershot to fine tuning your bow:)

nubo 07-07-2004 07:35 PM

I would agree Extreme with locking the elbow and your arm being too rigid ,but turn you body a bit so that your turned towards the target a bit more . You might be able to adjust some up and down with aligning your peep .I also agree that some of the slap could be coming from your draw length being too long as well. And again check your center shot .

nubo

BGfisher 07-08-2004 07:38 AM

And if your form is OK, draw length OK, and rest centered on the bow correctly then you may be able to put a metal spacer between the sight and the riser. 1/8 to 1/4" should do it. Does sound like the draw is too long though. This in itself can cause you to shoot to the right as you may be creeping at full draw, settling in. Thus you are not shooting the bow in the valley or against the wall, depending on the bow.

doughboysigep 07-11-2004 08:08 AM

that is exactly what the pro shop did (shim)
they also checked over the other stuff - center shot, my form, dominant eye, etc - and did adjust the rest a bit
shot when I got home - still right - adjusted sight - still a bit right
if i can't get it dialed in today don't know what to do - maybe it is the draw length?