Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 60lb draw weight >

60lb draw weight

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

60lb draw weight

Old 07-02-2004, 08:53 AM

Default RE: 60lb draw weight

I shoot a jennings bow, can't think of the name off the top of my head, it has the carbon limbs , 2 years old. The longest shot I can take from any of my tree stands in 22 yards, I always hunt from a tree stand. My stands are between 15 and 18 feet high. Most of the deer I have shot are under 15 yards away and a few as close at 10 yards give or take a yard or two. It seems to me the only time I have not had a pass through shot is when I hit bone, usally on the oppisite shoulder. I am very carefull to take broad side shots or slightly quartering away shots, I never chance anything else. I can't remember exactly but if I recall correctly I shoot about 260fps. If I go home at lunch I'll check the model of my Bow. I use a Cobra pedulum sight. This set up has worked very well for me on whitetails. I don't know the cutting diameter for the NAP Spitfire off the top of my head, if you check thier web site I'm sure they list it. Hope this answers most of your questions.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:58 AM

Default RE: 60lb draw weight

You asked about size of the deer I hunt. I live in Maine and the average doe is about 115lbs, I have shot some in the 120, 125 yard range. I did shoot a buck that dressed at 138 a couple of years ago, I did not get pass through on that deer due to the poor shot placement, I hit him high in the back and was lucky to have cut a major artiry, he didn't go far. I was probably coming a little unglued seeing his big 7 point rack only 20 yards away. I'm sure you can relate if you bow hunt.