Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 GOLD TIP ultra light X-cutter pros >

GOLD TIP ultra light X-cutter pros

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

GOLD TIP ultra light X-cutter pros

Old 06-24-2004, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default GOLD TIP ultra light X-cutter pros

I am shooting a 04 BowTech Patriot at 68 pounds at a 29 inch draw length. Will these be a good 3-d shaft for my setup?

I currently shoot gold tip XT 5575's (.400 spine) at 27 inches with 3 - 4 inch aae vanes, gold tip push in nocks, gold tip tapered inserts with 100 grain field tips.

This will be my first experience with a "line cutter".

The spine is listed as .250, How are you getting good flight out of such a stiff spine rating?? Will these be a good 3-d shaft for my setup? That spine rating is making me second think the decision to buy them.

Thanks.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GOLD TIP ultra light X-cutter pros

These arrows are made for mostly indoor shooting at short ranges (20 yards), where things like FOC matter little. Most guys are shooting them at 29" in length plus, with light glue in tips and teeny vanes.

They work fine for 3D shooting, but they are very susceptible to wind drift. Definitely put uni-bushings in the back. The stock nocks are crap. I believe 2413 is the correct size to use.

I think the better option would be the Ultralight 22 series. some extra line-cutting ability with less wind drift (and spine), and can double as a very good hunting shaft using the insert w/ broadheads. 2115/2117 unibushing will fit the back of the 22 series.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:02 AM

I am shooting a 04 BowTech Patriot at 68 pounds at a 29 inch draw length. Will these be a good 3-d shaft for my setup?
Sure would.......If you like buying a dozen a week....LOL - thats a big target to be left out there for others to smash

The series 22 are a bit smaller and pretty straight shafts.

I would shoot the pro hunters with the uni bushing.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:20 AM

They make excellent 3D arrows. I am shooting a Pro40 Dually at 60# and I just started using them. My arrows are 27" in shaft length (plus a 2314 unibushing, 70 grain bullet points, 3 2" flex-fletch vanes and magnocks. I have tested them out to 65 yards and they fly great and go right where the pin is upon release. At 40 yards I usually can pull a 4 arrow group all at the same time with one hand. I just shot my first 3D with them yesterday (also my first 3D since March as I was overseas for work). I ended up winning the open class at 8 up on a tough 30 target course. I have busted several nocks off and nicked the unibushings, but not destroyed any of the arrows yet. But if it is very windy, they will drift when shot at longer distances.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rob..good to see ya 'round here . Hows that Pro40 workin out for ya?
Old 06-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

you dont want to use line cutters on a 3D course because it leabes a big target for some one to shoot at. line cutters are for indoor.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:35 AM

Jeff,

The bow is working out very nicely. The one thing I would love to see Bowtech do with this Pro40 DC is make the cam into a 3-track. I have had my cable guard start walking out on me causing the shots to start hitting to the right (didn't notice for a while and was searching for something that moved). I now have it marked and keep an eye on it.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:05 AM

I've been shooting some Easton FatBoys and they are flying and grouping VERY well!!! They are cut 29 inchs and with a 100 grain glue in point weigh 392 grains,,, they'd be 372 with the 80 grain target point. These already have the Uni bushing installed from the factory and they spin test very good,,,, all 12 in the dozen I bought.