Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Shooting problem >

Shooting problem

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shooting problem

Old 06-14-2004, 10:05 PM

Default Shooting problem

I am having a problem. I am shooting good groups, but for some reason I am consistantly shooting 2-3 inches to the right. I chased the shot with the sight pins, but am almost into the riser with the pins. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. The only thing that I have done recently is have my bow tuned and took off the kisser button. Anybody have an idea what I could be doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:11 PM

Default RE: Shooting problem

If you are shooting with a release aid, try lessening the trigger pull.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Fork Horn

The first thing that comes to mind is centershot. So if you move the sight to the left does it get worse? Are you using a peep?
Old 06-14-2004, 10:54 PM

I am using a peep and a release. I haven't tried moving the sight to the left. I will try that next to see what happens.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

the rest is not aligned properly

here is a neat little trick to see if you are close, put an arrow on your rest. look down from the top and see if the arrow is in line with the center of your stabelizer if the arrow looks like it runs crooked to the stabelizer the center shot is off, if it is in line you know you are close.
normally if your center is right the string lined up with the center of the rest your sight pins should be very close to being in line with the string also.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

You could be grabbing the bow on release too.

Get some one to watch you shoot or better still get a video of you shooting from all angles front, back and side.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing that I have done recently is have my bow tuned and took off the kisser button.
It scares me when I hear "had my bow tuned"[&:] Were you a part of the tuning process? Anyway , your center shot could have been way off before and now you need to make other adjustments to compensate. You probably changed your anchor point enough by dumping the kisser to make other adjustments as well.

Put a spacer between your sight and riser , providing your shooting a right handed bow and it should give you plenty of room to sight in and bring your pins back into the middle of the pin guard.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:07 AM

Thanks everybody, went to the range last night. Moved the rest 1 click to the left and now I am right down the middle again. Now I am just trying to decide whether or not to go to a less spined arrow. I think mine might be a little to stiff for my setup. 28" Carbon express Terminator w/100 grain head shooting at 58-60 lbs. Any suggestions?
Old 06-16-2004, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah. I suggest telling us what size Terminators you're using, so that we can give you a suggestion. [8D]

Seriously, Terminators are a fairly hefty arrow. If you're worried about them being a little stiff, I'd dump the 100 gn tips and go to 125's. The extra tip weight will do two things for you. Improve the arrows' spine match to your bow AND move your FOC further forward, making for a more stable arrow.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Arthur p

how many of Chuck adams books do you have?

Quick Reply: Shooting problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.