Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bad Tunning

Old 06-02-2004, 12:51 PM

Default Bad Tunning

Hi american Bowhunter,
i 'm Fred, French bowhunter betwenn 6 years ago (Killed 5 Big game with compound). I don' speak very well english, and i apologyse if you don't understand me in your language !
I use a Mthews Legacy betwenn 1 year,my bow is 29 draw lenght inchs, 67 pounds, and i use Easton Kinétic 300 and THunderhead 125 brodhead. I meet some problem for tune my bow :
In first you must know that i'm an old Indoor shooter, i know the différents technical think as the torque, the fine release, and more...
I have try to shoot with a traditionnal arrow rest like as Quick tune 3000, but it's not possible for me to make a good paper hole. My result is always to stiff arrow réaction.
My first idea is to use a drop away rest, i have test a Quick tune 2000 RG, but my hole is the same. I can Shoot all the shaft i have, Evolution 400 to XX78 2613, and my hole is "to stiff arrow réaction".
I have test a Whisker biscuit B2, the result is that the hole is better but not perfect. My test with the brodheads is not perfect, I shoot 2 to 3 inch more left (i'm a left shooter) with my Thunderhead.
Have you some idea for explain to me what can i do to tune my bow perfect for have a cool mind for deer hunt ?
I shoot a traditionnal bow in the same time (Killed 3 Big game), and i like to return exclusive to traditionnal if it's not possible to found the perfect tune !
Thank for an oversea opinion,
Best regard,
Fred
Old 06-02-2004, 12:56 PM

Default RE: Bad Tunning

Welcome to the board. I can understand you perfectly, however, I'm lost. I don't really get any of this technical stuff.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome!Have you tried moving the arrow rest to the right a little bit?Do you use a release or fingers?
Old 06-02-2004, 01:06 PM

thanks,
you need to know that i've the biggest Proshop in my country http://www.erhartsl.com
I've read the Easton technical support, i 've try to move my rest to the left (because i'm left shooter) with unsuccess !
I've always the same paper-hole.
What do you think about my spin : 300 (sorry i cut my shaft to 29 and i have try to 31)
Old 06-02-2004, 01:07 PM

Sorry :
I shoot with a Jim Fletcher Shorty and D Loop
Old 06-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is probably due to the poor design of the Mathews grips.Most people have a problem shooting the grip and not torquing it.Try a couple different hand positions,like a high wrist and see if it gets better.If you see noticable differences,maybe removing the grip might be the answer.There are even some after market grips for the Mathews bows that help eliminate the problem but they get a little costly.

www.lancasterarchery.com sell some really good grips for the bow.

If it isn't the grip it might be cam and or idler lean.Not much can be done about cam lean but the split cable can be twisted to straighten out the idler.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:40 PM

Why not ?
But : do you think it's possible to shoot great with bullet , and have some problems with brodhead ?
Why the Whisker Biscuit give to me a better tear ?
Old 06-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

The whisker biscuit is probably forcing the arrow to be a little straighter when leaving the bow.I don't like forcing the arrow to do something,I prefer it to want to do it on it's own.

On a 1 cam bow there is not a split cable at the cam so twisting 1 side to straighten the cam isn't possible.

It is defiantely possible to have perfect bulletholes and still have problems with broadheads.I have found group tuning to be the most accurate way to tune a bow and I will usually see very good paper afterwards along with broadheads and field points hitting almost identical.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:05 PM

Do you think i must tunnig bmy sight on my brodhead arrow and continu to shoot on my better hole and forget to found the right tune (if it's poosible) ?
I would like to change my Legacy for a Outback, do you think it's possible to eliminate my problem ?
Old 06-02-2004, 02:40 PM

Fred France,Before you get rid of your Mathews grip,let me tell of my experiance.I tried the Shrewd grip for my LX and found it just made matters worse.The bow torgued all over the place.The reason is genetics,you see I can palm a basketball with no problem,and the aftermarket grips are,for the most part,slender.So if your hands are on the slender or small side,maybe they would be worth a try,if you have larger hands(grip),stay with the original.This is the way it worked out for me...Bob

Quick Reply: Bad Tunning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.