HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   New AR-31 bow poundage?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/62429-new-ar-31-bow-poundage.html)

BenfromVa 05-29-2004 04:02 PM

New AR-31 bow poundage??

I have a new AR-31. It is a 70lb. bow , I was wondering if any one knows how much weight you could actually let off of that and still be safe?
Could it be let down to 60 lbs and still be well with-in the required limits? Does any one know?

nubo 05-29-2004 09:16 PM

RE: New AR-31 bow poundage??

Ben !I'm not really sure what you mean here,You need to know that any bow perform's best at it's maximum weight,now if you are asking if your bow would be within the legal requirement's then I'd have to say yes you would be. Your bow will still perform well and you can still take any animal you want and be within these requirement's. I'd start low and work your way up to max weight ,hunting season is still a few month's away and if you get out shooting 2or 3 times a week you'll be pulling max by the time hunting season arrives.

nubo

Mike from Texas 05-29-2004 09:53 PM

I belive most bows recommend a 10# back off from peak at most. As Nubo said, most bows will perform at peak efficiency when near the max.

BenfromVa 05-30-2004 08:24 AM

Sorry , Maybe I should have been a little more clear. I know that the bow would be legal at the reduced poundage. I have taken a little over 72 deer with a bow shooting anywhere between 58 and 62 lbs with all the various bow I have owned. I was just wondering if anyone knew how far you could back off an AR bow from its peak weight and still be safe as far as the limb bolts still being secure. I would think that every manufacture has a limit as to how far one could back off the peak weight. I can shoot 70, its just that when its 22 degrees outside, I have found that 60 to 62 lbs seems to feel batter to me on those "chilly" mornings than does 70lbs. I bought this bow brand new on a super smokin deal ,but had no paper work as to read all the stuff that may have come with it. Thanks~Ben

Sagittarius 05-30-2004 09:44 AM

Ben,

I don't like to back a bow off more than 5lbs from peak weight.
Much beyond this, you get too much noise and vibration, jmo.
Although, you may back it down to 63lbs with no problems.
Just have to try it and see how the bow reacts.
If it's quiet and seems to perform the way you want then go for it.
All bows are designed to be safe within the 10lb range specified.

Sag.

nubo 05-30-2004 11:31 AM

Ben you can back it off 10# but absolutely no more. Sagittarious is right I'd prefer not to because of noise and vib's .If you contact AR I'll bet they'll send you a manual for it as well .I've shot a few of the ar's and they are very nice to shoot as well as smooth to draw .

BenfromVa 05-30-2004 09:56 PM

Thanks for all the input. I so far love this bow, It seems quiet, smooth, fast and all the good stuff. I got it off Ebay, New in the box , less the hat and manual for $316 including the shipping, I was the highest bidder at the time and the guy had no reserve. So far I am overwhelmed with this bow and what I paid for it. Now, what to do with the mathews, the Reflex??? I just sold my CSS on ebay a week before I bought the AR.
Thanks again. Ben

Trushot_archer 05-30-2004 10:21 PM

You can request a manual for the 04 here

I'm sure they'd be happy to get you an 03, but the single cams haven't changed. Should be the same specs and info.

BenfromVa 05-30-2004 10:48 PM

Thanks,
I went in the "Research image Library" there was a PDF file to the owners manual. I just copied the entire folder, Now I have the manual:)

Now all that I do not have is the hat, and it is not that attractive anyway:D

nubo 05-31-2004 07:52 AM

you got one heck of a deal and I know your gonna love that bow . I don't think I think I'd definetly keep one backup bow but I'd get rid of the other since you can't even plant flower's in it ,and it'll just collect dust .The AR is gonna be your new gal.

nubo