Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech delimma

Old 05-18-2004, 07:40 PM

Default RE: bowtech delimma

i had a bowtech dealer tell me that the patriot and liberty are the same bow but just different cams and wheels.are they really exchangable.imagine shooting the patriot for most of the summer then changing to the liberty cam and wheel and recommended cable and string length for your draw and you have two bows.just a thought guys.im leaning toward the liberty or the patriot.it would be nice to have both.do you think that the justice is a little smoother to draw than the liberty.do you think that the extra 1/2 in of brace height makes that much difference
Old 05-18-2004, 08:23 PM

are they really exchangable.
Maybe Bowtechshooter or some of the others can answer this. If so, I definately would pick up an Infinity cam and Idler for my Liberty. That would be pretty cool to be able to switch em in and out!
Old 05-18-2004, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

Just get a Pro40... and the appropiate limbs, cams, harness.. and you can have Dually, Freedom cam, and infinity cam...
Old 05-19-2004, 07:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

The cost of switching cams, idlers, strings and cables would probably make such a conversion cost prohibitive for most folks. You also have to consider that limbs are specifically matched to the cams on any given bow. Switching cams, harnesses, etc... is almost definitely not going to yield the same draw weight range.

As for which bow.....I think the Liberty would probably be my suggestion though I was particularly impressed with the Justice that I was messing with a few weeks ago. Just to throw more fuel to the fire I am definitely going to be using the MM VFT as my hunting bow come this fall.