HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   One more... "Seen this yet?" (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/61094-one-more-seen-yet.html)

Trushot_archer 05-10-2004 01:08 PM

One more... "Seen this yet?"

As quoted from the Cabela's site here...

"There's no grip like your own grip. Consistent hand placement is critical to accuracy. Form-A-Grip's specially formulated molding compound enables you to custom-fit your bow grip to your hand."

Is this a good thing or does it defeat the "Less contact the better" theory?

Looks interesting anyway.

Swamp Dawg 05-10-2004 01:15 PM

RE: One more... "Seen this yet?"

This may work for some. I personally only put pressure on the grip in the web of my hand between my thumb and forefinger. (high grip) I extend the rest of my fingers foreward and just let the bow fall forward after the shot. Thus, this style of grip wouldn't help me. For me, I tend to torque the bow if I wrap my fingers around the entire grip.

98Redline 05-10-2004 01:40 PM

Looks like a sure fire way to torque the riser on each and every shot.

jmac_or 05-10-2004 02:22 PM

But at least you would torque it consistantly....:D

Straightarrow 05-10-2004 02:34 PM

But at least you would torque it consistantly....

If that is true, then it should work superbly. Everyone torques their grip to some degree, however small. The key is to do it to the same degree, every time.

Danny45 05-10-2004 03:08 PM

That's been around for nearly as long as I have. If you want the absolute minimum contact you can get with your bow, this is NOT for you.

Beware, once it's set up, it's a bit** to get it off your bow. A friend of mine had to have that some years ago. Afterwards, it took several hours, a dremel tool, and a new factory grip for the bow before he was back to shooting.

And they NEVER turn out like the picture. ;)

Trushot_archer 05-10-2004 06:16 PM

I thought it was looked vaguely similar to bond-o:D

PABowhntr 05-11-2004 06:43 AM

I do not know about the rest of you folks but you will not catch me using one. By its vary nature and design it seems to be promoting what I would call excessive grip contact. Excessive grip contact can only lead to unnecessary torque...and that is just plain bad for accuracy.

Bigpapascout 05-11-2004 06:55 PM

Everyone torques their grip to some degree,
I Beg To Differ!

Straightarrow 05-12-2004 05:21 AM

I Beg To Differ!
Beg all you want. ;) There is no such thing as absolutely perfect, every shot. The amount of torque may be very, very, very small, but it's still there.