Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 One more... "Seen this yet?" >

One more... "Seen this yet?"

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

One more... "Seen this yet?"

Old 05-12-2004, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: One more... "Seen this yet?"

Beg all you want. There is no such thing as absolutely perfect, every shot. The amount of torque may be very, very, very small, but it's still there.
EXACTLY!
Old 05-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

If that is true, then it should work superbly. Everyone torques their grip to some degree, however small.
Ever try a Loesch no-torque grip.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:22 AM

Ever try a Loesch no-torque grip.
No, I haven't. I suppose it's possible to design a grip that would not allow torque. I vaguely remember a bow having a grip that rotated around the riser (Accu-riser?). Supposedly, such a grip cannot be torqued left to right. However, I don't see how this could prevent any vertical torque variations. For some reason, it has not become a very popular grip. It would seem to me, that if a grip eliminated left to right torque, the induced torque of a cable guard or any other torque in the system, would direct the arrow off center.

Certainly, there are grips that help reduce torque. Are there any that can absolutely eliminate it? If there is, I'm willing to look.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:17 AM

The least hand you can put on the bow, the better off you are. As a pro-shooter once said (paraphrased), "If a riser could be designed with a razor-thin grip, torque would almost be eliminated."

I am aware that with alum/mag risers, some shooters remove the grips and apply a thin piece of material to the grip area. I personally like and shoot best with a narrow grip.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with you straight arrow, that the grip would not eliminate torque produced from the cable guard. But, there are bows out there such as the Martin that has a shoot through system that eliminates that problem also.

You are correct that the Loesch grip eliminates right/left torque, which is the most common type of torque, and even with this grip, a steady wrist and hand position is still a must. Consistancy is key. However, torque produced by grip pressure produced by the hand is practically eliminated (right/left).

I also believe what c903 stated is 100% correct. There are many that grip their bow off the riser and only use the fleshy part of the palm as the contact point.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is no such thing as absolutely perfect, every shot. The amount of torque may be very, very, very small, but it's still there.
yeah ok if you say so