HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   What's the best carbon shaft arrow out there? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/6100-whats-best-carbon-shaft-arrow-out-there.html)

Hunker Hunter 02-20-2002 02:22 PM

What's the best carbon shaft arrow out there?

Which of these 2 are better the cx hunter by gametracker or the camo hunter plus by Beman's? Or is there another that's better out there?

moonge 02-20-2002 04:10 PM

RE: What's the best carbon shaft arrow out there?

easton ACC's are hard to beat, the easton reline is nice too.

3DNWV 02-20-2002 04:29 PM

I have had really good luck with carbon express 3-D select and CXL 250's for 3-D and gold tip XT hunter 5575 for hunting [there alot cheaper but hold up great). ACC are great but pricy

Oledaswede 02-20-2002 05:32 PM

When you say "the best", how much do you want to spend? Carbon express has a great arrow, but my pro shop won't sell them anymore cuz they are now made in Korea. Bemen ICS hawk is a good, inexpensive carbon. There are better, but how much do you want to pay, and what are you doing with them. I guess what I'm trying to say is you have to decide how accurate you have to be. For the average guy, I don't think the expensive arrows are a good buy. Just my opinion.

JeffB 02-20-2002 07:21 PM

NOTHING is as consistent from shaft to shaft and dozen to dozen as ACC's.

The CX 3D Selcts and Goldtip 3D Pro's are tops in the IC type carbons.

I'm a little miffed though about some CX Selects I purchased a while back and have been runnning through my Mighty Mite. Several have a significant wobble..in the same league w/ Beman ICSH(which is not very good). I'm taking them back to my dealer to exchange them for straight ones, or get a refund.

Someday I will learn to just stick w/ ACC's and stop wasting money on other stuff :)

JeffB

Bo539 02-20-2002 07:40 PM

Another vote for acc's accurate and tuff. well worth the money!

55#recurve 02-20-2002 08:15 PM

I don't think there is such a thing as the best carbon shaft out there. I've shot ACC, ACE, Carbon express recently, and will be shooting carbon-tech. So many differences, ACC is laminated carbon alumium, very straight, small diameter's, not strong from my perspective, you can't shoot them into cement and expect them to survive. ACE is a different barreled shaft but same concepts and ACC for the most part, not very strong. The good thing about eastons arrows is that you can tune them very well to almost any set up. Ive heard about people having problems with tuning Carbon Express style shafts, but they are so tuff and strong, it becomes a toss up between tunability and toughness. I think they will tune out of certain bows, but some bows don't like the pultruded seven layer crossweaved arrows. Sometimes I find myself being company BIAS, but after taking a long look at any of these arrows and there plus or minus's, I find that people fuss to much with their set ups ,changing this and that tweaking to much, especially on a bad shooting day. It's easy to say that this arrow is better then that, but if you take a good look, they are probably all as good as the others. Some arrows just shoot well for some people, and visa versa. I am trying to take an open minded look at arrow selection, without being bias, I like ACE, they are accurate, I like ACC same thing( they cost to much for me). I like carbon express, very accurate and tuff. Im sure I will like the CT shafts as well. I don't think there is a best one out there though, I do think there is a best one that works for you or me. Good shooting.
Dylan

>>>>--------o-->