Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hecs suit camo?

Old 05-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hecs suit camo?

Anybody here seen this camo ?
Old 05-21-2017, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Hecs camo suit bought two years ago. Although some think its too good to be true, I have killed five deer (tagged out) both years using the suit. Deer just stop an look at me an can't seem to figure out what I am....I hunt on the ground only....you still have to maintain body odor and be aware of the wind, but it works for me!
Old 05-21-2017, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a real hard time buying into the sales pitch that the Hecs suit blocks your bodies electrical signals with carbon fibers, or that deer can pick them up to begin with. Hunters will buy anything if they think it gives them an advantage over whatever they are hunting. First it was scent free clothes using carbon , now carbon to block the electrical signals that hunters are sending out. I put it right up there with big foot and the Moth Man and Leprechauns.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I have a real hard time buying into the sales pitch that the Hecs suit blocks your bodies electrical signals with carbon fibers, or that deer can pick them up to begin with. Hunters will buy anything if they think it gives them an advantage over whatever they are hunting. First it was scent free clothes using carbon , now carbon to block the electrical signals that hunters are sending out. I put it right up there with big foot and the Moth Man and Leprechauns.
HAHA< hunters are suckers for marketing, and the companys know it, more so NOW< than ever too if you ask me!

I still laugh when I think back to when TINK"S Scents, marketed Turkey Scent to help Hunters get a turkey LOL

IF deer were HALF as smart as they expect us to believe,
they would be running the plant Earth, and we humans would be there servants! LOL
then again, HOW many hunters spend tens of thousands of dollars a yr, planting food for deer?? building them cover and safety, watering holes and???

I'm so glad I grew up when hunting was more about using SKILLS anyone could get if they put time in to learn how, I didn't have camo, or fancy anything, heck couldn;t even get a flash light to work right and last more than a hr if that, and it was 2 ft long and came free from Radio shack, LOL

BUT wow, I managed to kill a LOT of game wearing basic clothes and used more skill than gadgets!
Old 08-23-2017, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

In my over 50 years of hunting I've learned to get close enough to game. Yeah I do get busted from time to time. But I have to admit watching their show that they pull off some pretty good stalks with that HECS suit stuff.
It would be interesting to try it but ain't no way I'm shelling out that kind of $$ for it.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Spike

Hex uses the same type of grid that is used in microwave doors. It should work. I never heard any bad reviews about Hex.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just watched a show / infomercial on HECS. I had never head of it until the other night. The reasoning sounds believable, BUT...There are animals, like sharks, rays, and fish that have special electro-sensitive organs. In these cases, the animals are sensitive to bio-generated electrical fields out to distances to 3' or less, and more like 18". And water, especially salt water, is a vastly better conductor of electricity than air.

Is it hype and snake oil? Maybe not, but if it works, the mechanism may not be from foiling animals' electro-sensitivity. From what I saw, I can't rule out that it was the Mossy Oak or Real Tree pattern that fooled the animals. A double blind test, where results from hunters, over several seasons, who don't know if they're wearing HECS technology or not, would tell the tale, and seal the deal.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I guess that I must not produce an electromagnetic field. I've had deer and turkeys to walk within feet of me. For once I can save some money. I remember once I bought a dog whistle because the Drury boys said that toot on them and roosted turkeys will gobble insanely. I was used!