Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 NAP 2000 RG for Mathews >

NAP 2000 RG for Mathews

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NAP 2000 RG for Mathews

Old 04-19-2004, 02:58 PM

Default NAP 2000 RG for Mathews

Just put a NAP 2000 RG on my new Outback and must say that I am not very impressed. The pro shop seemed to have trouble settting up and tuning it and when I tried redoing it at home it took much time and aggravation. IMO, it is not even that well built, especially in the spring tension area. Has anyone else had any problems with this rest. Would like to use a fall away but can't see spending over 100$ for the TR DZ. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:09 PM

Default RE: NAP 2000 RG for Mathews

I USE A 2000 DROPAWAY ALSO BUT I CAN'T SAY THAT I HAVE HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT. IF YOU WANT TO GET THE TR DZ TRY EBAY I'VE SEEN THEM GO FOR ABOUT 60 BUCKS PLUS SHIPPING.

ALSO TRY AND GET THE PRO SHOP TO EXPLAIN HOW THEY NORMALLY GET A 2000 DROP AWAY TUNED RIGHT THEY SHOULD LET YOU KNOW IF YOU BOUGHT IT FROM THEM.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:58 PM

Default RE: NAP 2000 RG for Mathews

Hmmm...I have had great success with mine. I found the 2000RG to be well built, mine at least. Maybe you got a less than desirable one. I do find it a little time consuming to tune as well. I feel they could have spent a little more time to make a feature that wouldn't allow you to completely start from scratch to tune a different arrow or point weight. Overall, I am pleased with mine. I didn't see spending over a $100 for a TR DZ either but they are well built and possibly the best one out there.