Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Whisker Biscuit Problem >

Whisker Biscuit Problem

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit Problem

Old 04-10-2004, 08:30 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Problem

ewolf
ewolf
Ya thats right everthing you don't like is junk os a piece of Sh!t . I just wonder how it works so good for some of us and not so good for others. Not to mention how BAD it works for those that never tried it. Whatever!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 08:44 PM

I don't have to shot myself in the head to know that it will kill me. I don't have to pinch myself to know that it hurts.

Its an opinion. Im my opinion that is what it is to me. Maybe it is useful to you but its not to me. Things that are useless to me are a piece of sh!t in my opinion.

The rest does work. But for people to say that it has no problems is rediculous. It does not give perfect arrow flight. Its a difference of opinion leave it at that, but the rest is not perfect.

Do car doors work as a good archery target? Im sure you will say no. But how can it work so BAD if you have never tried it? I tell you what, i will waste the money and my time just to have the same results as people that i shoot with daily. Then can i come on here and say that i don't like the rest? How many other rest have you tried? Try a Trap door then tell me how good your WB is. Working good and working better then eveything else is different.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone heard back for the guy who originally started this thread with a question and a decision to make? Maybe he is plenty confused by now. This thread is getting to read pretty much like the Ford vs. Chevy debates I hear from 13-14 year old boys who have never driven a truck.[8D]

The guy originally asked for advice about what he could do to prevent the fletching problems he was having with the Biscuit. Some useful information was offered, as well as some interesting ideas about the nature of the Whisker Biscuit, and it's possible future uses.

If the people really want information about the rest, then a search will provide both information, and a record of who a) is generally trying to be helpful, b) might be a less than objective cheerleader, c) tends to be generally argumentative d) has little to contribute other than negative "trash talk".

Hey, almost everything we say on here are opinions. Some try to support their opinions with facts, others don't. You just have to read and decide what makes sense to you.

Again, to the original topic starter. If you are curious about the NAP 1000, go out and buy one.
(See how I am supporting the archery industry!) See whether you like it better than the Biscuit or not. Then you can decide for yourself.

I myself posted some negative thoughts about the Whisker Biscuit a few years ago. Too noisy on the draw, not accurate enough, too much fletching damage, etc. etc. I have to thank those guys who posted positive info on the rest, how to trim the Biscuits, how to tune with them, etc. Because of that info, I tried again and had a very good shooting bow with great arrow flight. The bow (when the shooter was up to it) could easily shoot 2" groups with broadheads at 30 yds.
Arrow flight must have been OK too, since I shot through a decent sized deer, taking out 3 ribs on the left side, and angling forward to take out the right shoulder before exiting. This was with a 60# bow, 28" draw. I'm not sure if I am even going to use the Biscuit this year (still deciding), but my experiences would indicate that calling it a piece of whatever is just ridiculous.

As one of our contributers to this thread once asked in a post about drop-away rests, "What level of technology do you really need to shoot a whitetail deer at 15-25 yards?"

Oh, and about ewolf and c903 being the same guy, not very likely. Similar opinion, very different delivery.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:39 PM

ewolf,
Nobody is asking you to shoot yourself in the head. Whether or not you choose to use a whisker biscuit or don't I could care less. The thread was started by someone who had a problem with fletching and the biscuit. I think we were able to answer his question before C903 published his treatise on all things that he believes are true about archery which as usual diverted the thread into a pissing contest over the biscuit. Use the biscuit and tune your bow and you will have good results, don't tune your bow and you won't have good results. Jim Despart shot the biscuit at Vegas and came in fifth place this year. Three out of the five hunters who have taken the Superslam of NorthAmerican big game with a bow did so using the biscuit. When Pete Sheply gave the 41st President two PSE Mach-11 bows they had whisker biscuit arrowrests on them. These rests have operated flawlessly from Alaska to Afrika and all points inbetween. If you have a problem with shooting a whisker biscuit it is most likely not a problem with the biscuit itself but with your arrow spine or your bowtune or your shooting form. I have been building and rebuilding bows and sights and arrowrests, and tuning bows for over forty years. I like the biscuit and have had no problems tuning the bow with it. If you have a problem setting up your bow just ask for help thats why the forums exist. Good luck hunting!
Old 04-10-2004, 11:54 PM

Thanks for the useful information about putting extra glue on the ends of the fletching. I still think I am going to try the NAP Quicktune 1000 to see how it shoots. The WB in my in my own opinion is a pretty good rest over all. I am able to shoot pretty tight groups but do not like the abuse my fletchings take from it.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:27 AM

C903,

First, almost nothing you mentioned is an issue with a WB, And, everything thing you did bring up is a tuning issue. Tuning doesn't involve just moving your rest. A person, must tune the bow, all the accessories, the arrow, and themselves. I stand by my statement. Those who do not know how to tune properly can blame it on the rest or whatever they want, it doesn't make it true.

C903,

First, almost nothing you mentioned is an issue with a WB, And, everything thing you did bring up is a tuning issue. Tuning doesn't involve just moving your rest. A person, must tune the bow, all the accessories, the arrow, and themselves. I stand by my statement. Those who do not know how to tune properly can blame it on the rest or whatever they want, it doesn't make it true.

C903,

C903,

C903,

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.