Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Whisker Biscuit Problem >

Whisker Biscuit Problem

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit Problem

Old 04-09-2004, 04:38 PM

Default Whisker Biscuit Problem

I have been shooting my bow with the WB on it and loved it at first. But recently I have been noticing that the fletching is starting to become unattached from the shaft at the end closest to the broadhead. I do not want to keep having to get me arrows refletched every couple of months so I think I am going to go with a NAP Quicktune 1000 rest. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, was there a wayto get around it?
Old 04-09-2004, 05:01 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Problem

Haven't had a WB but you will be happy to change. Better arrow flight, way better. Unless you really like to shot your bow upside down its a good move. You could try to run fletch tite down the top(About 1/4") of the vanes to the shaft on the front side. Might keep them from coming off
Old 04-09-2004, 06:39 PM

If you use a stiff vane and glue it with goat tuff and put an extra drop on the front of each vane, you will have no trouble with them coming off.

By the way, I have to dissagree with ewolf. You cannot obtain better arrow flight by switching to another rest. Arrow flight is a function of correct tuning and proper spine. There are thousands of WB users, getting perfect flight. It can happen by accident, but works best on any rest, if you know what you're doing.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

follow this link and read my review of the WB. I have some fletching suggestions and tips to help you get better performance
http://www.broadheadtests.com/whiskerbisc..html
Old 04-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

I'm on my third year with my biscuit and I have proven to myself that for the way that I shoot, the type of rest makes no difference at the target end. I have a 3D Rover and a Trophy ridge drop zone that I could be using and I opt for the biscuit.To me the biscuit is far superior as a hunting rest and I prefer to practice with what I bring to the woods.There is no doubt that the biscuit is hard on fletching,but I tear way more off from slapping them together into the target than what they get for abuse going through the bristles so about every two or three months I sit down and refletch the damaged arrows. 5 Shot pretty much covered everthing you need to know about the rest. The rest works and works well.Ron
Old 04-09-2004, 08:53 PM

Haven't had a WB but you will be happy to change. Better arrow flight, way better.
How can you say that, you never had one. Whatever.
Just put some glue on the front of the fletching that usually helps.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:57 PM

You cannot obtain better arrow flight by switching to another rest.
Not true!
Old 04-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

You cannot obtain better arrow flight by switching to another rest. Arrow flight is a function of correct tuning and proper spine.
Very true!
Old 04-09-2004, 10:11 PM

Very true!
Think about it some more!

Hint: Best arrow flight for the individual's setup and shooting style is not (just) obtained by correct shaft spine and bow tuning.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:11 AM

throw the whisker biscuit in the trash!!!! get a new drop away rest

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.