Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 opinions of the whisker biscuit? >

opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Old 04-07-2004, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Didn't Jim Despart from archerytalk.com recently qualify for Vegas shooting one on his target bow?

I've seen pics of his targets. Plenty accurate, it appears...

I've pretty much convinced myself to give the new biscuit a try this fall... It has the attributes you could possibly want in a hunting rest, 'cept maybe vane clearance, but for that, refer to the first sentence above...
Old 04-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

"I don't recall seeing anyone posting asking for yours or anyone elses opinion "

YOURS EITHER BUT WE SURE GET IT ALL THE TIME
Old 04-07-2004, 10:19 AM

I like the way you left off the last part of my sentence !! You must be a reporter in real life !!
Old 04-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO MY ORIGIONAL QUESTION.

I’m not looking to get nor use one of these things. I’m just wondering if anyone really does. They just don’t seem right

IM NOT LOOKING TO USE A WB, I'M MORE THAN HAPPY WITH MY GKF. I ALSO DONT INTEND TO PURCHASE ONE DUE TO MY GKF SUCCESS.

IS’NT THE SUBJECT OF THESE THREADS TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT A PRODUCT, OR HELP WITH A QUESTION, OR A QUERY?

I GUESS IS A CRIME TO ASK IF SOMEONE HAS SUCCESS WITH THIS PRODUCT WITHOUT SOMEONE POINTING FINGERS IN CRITICISM ON A TOUCHY TOPIC..

I GUESS MERE OBSERVANCE WITHOUT USE DEMANDS CRITICISM LOOKS TO ME AND FROM OTHERS THAT IT EATS FLETCHINGS.

WAS ASKING IF ANYONE REALLY USES A WB. SOUNDS LIKE A STRAIGHT UP QUESTION TO ME. NO CRITICISM HERE.

AND LAST. THEY JUST DONT SEEM RIGHT. THEY DONT. SIMPLE AS THAT. THEY ARE ABOUT AS TRADITIONAL AS PEANUTBUTTER SPAGHETTI. YOU WONT FIND ANOTHER REST IN THE WORLD LIKE IT, THAT IS NOT A THROW OFF OF IT.

ALL ANYONE HAS TO SAY IS: MAN THAT WB IS GREAT, OR NOPE NOT FOR ME, OR THAT WAS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER BOUGHT, OR ITS GREAT FOR CLEANING BATTERY TERMINALS.

ITS PRETTY SIMPLE.
I DON’T WANT A WB. I JUST HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT ONE. MAYBE IM LOOKING FOR A WB TESTIMONIAL. DOES ANYONE USE A WB? DO YOU HAVE SUCCESS WITH A WB? DO THEY EAT FLETCHINGS?

NOT ONCE HAVE I CRITICIZED THE WB WITHOUT USING IT FIRST.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:50 AM

I have only shot a handful of shots through the whisker bisquit, but I have shot about 500 through the whisper disk and I will say that these rests are great. If it was me choosing I think I would lean towards the whisper disc, but I have not had the pleasure of shooting the newly designed whisker bisquit so i can't comment. I think people get discouraged with these types of rests because of fletching contact, but you have to remember the trade off of a full containment rest wich includes added safty and peace of mind of your arrow always being at the ready.

I personally don't know if I will switch to one full time, but I also don't see a better rest for children or someone looking for no moving parts and wanting to forget about their arrow till it is time to shoot. Just My Two Cents
Old 04-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

THANK YOU, THATS EXACTLY WHAT IVE BEEN LOOKING TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:56 AM

Does anyone use one of those fall away rests? They just don't seem right to me. Little cables or wires hooked to the cable slide? And they are supposed to get out of the way at just the last second? I don't buy it. They just don't seem right.

It is ok though. I don't plan on buying one or even trying one. I am pretty happy with what I have. I just thought everyone would enjoy a good typing exercise.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:13 AM

Texas ......to me ......if I wanted constructive information......I wouldn't start off by saying that " they don't seem right" and I'm not going to use one ! Kinda one of those statements that put's people on the defensive from the start !

What is the point of me sitting here posting a bunch of information on here for you .......if you start up front by saying that you have no intenetion of using one !

But for arguements sake........

Yes I have tried several ! Currently I have a Deluxe Quick Shot with the B2 bristles ! Set up was very easy .....as has been with my others ! I shot feathers for the last few years but switched to vanes this year ! I have not had any ill effects with my fletchings ! But I fletch my own.....I do know someone that had trouble with some fletched at a shop ! Right now I'm using Bohning vanes on Easton Axis arrows with a mild helical ....probably 3-4 degrees ! They have shown no wear and the only negative I can think of .....is they get small dark streaks from the bristles on them ! Paper tuning is good......group tuning is good......broadhead flight is right on with my field points !

I haven't ever bothered trimming any of mine and haven't really seen any reason to ! Speed loss on my originals were chrono's at 5 fps several different times ! The new B2 bristle model supposedly lose 3 fps .....although I haven't chrono'd since changed to the B2 !

Accuracy........nock busted at 20 yrds.....less than 2" at 30 .....and continuing out to 65 yrds I'm maintaining average groups of around 4-5 " !! I shot my first 3D course in years the other day and put all my shots in the vitals from the longest yrd stakes ! As good as I could ask for !!

Take that for what you want !
Old 04-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whatever...

Yes I have tried several ! Currently I have a Deluxe Quick Shot with the B2 bristles ! Set up was very easy .....as has been with my others ! I shot feathers for the last few years but switched to vanes this year ! I have not had any ill effects with my fletchings ! But I fletch my own.....I do know someone that had trouble with some fletched at a shop ! Right now I'm using Bohning vanes on Easton Axis arrows with a mild helical ....probably 3-4 degrees ! They have shown no wear and the only negative I can think of .....is they get small dark streaks from the bristles on them ! Paper tuning is good......group tuning is good......broadhead flight is right on with my field points !

I haven't ever bothered trimming any of mine and haven't really seen any reason to ! Speed loss on my originals were chrono's at 5 fps several different times ! The new B2 bristle model supposedly lose 3 fps .....although I haven't chrono'd since changed to the B2 !

Accuracy........nock busted at 20 yrds.....less than 2" at 30 .....and continuing out to 65 yrds I'm maintaining average groups of around 4-5 " !! I shot my first 3D course in years the other day and put all my shots in the vitals from the longest yrd stakes ! As good as I could ask for !!
CBM, you could've posted all that at the very beginning and saved us all the tights and cape, mighty defender of the WB stuff. You act like the texas flat out said "WB's suck" instead of saying they "don't seem right."

He's absolutely correct! They don't seem right. It is a completely opposite format than any other rest. Coming from years of living with the idea of eliminating all fletching contact to a rest that guarantees 100% fletching contact? Even you have to admit that sounds WRONG.

I notice you've got the same silly fight going over on the bowhunting forum where a guy was just asking if a dropaway would give him better accuracy. LIGHTEN UP fer cryin' out loud!
Old 04-07-2004, 11:56 AM

Well Arthur ..you get on your soap boxes sometimes too !

Sorry......but some of this @#$% rubs me the wrong way sometimes !!

Quick Reply: opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.