Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 opinions of the whisker biscuit? >

opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Old 04-06-2004, 10:18 AM

Default RE: opinions of the whisker biscuit?

It really does get a little old. Unless you are shooting one and actually have problems with it then stop bashing it. I shoot a WB in archery league. I am not a 300 shooter but it sure isn't the fault of my rest. I shoot 200 arrows a week for 12 weeks straight. The same 12 arrows. They don't need to be refletched. If they are fletched right in the first place the WB will cause you no trouble. And with the new B2 biscuit it is even less of an issue.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:55 AM

Don't knock it till ya tried it. I tried it and it shot ok for me, but I didn't care for it. THere are a lot of rests out there I would rather have.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:02 AM

Why do you need it? I cannot remember the last time i needed to have a arrow nocked and pick up my bow upside down. If your that shacky (Arrow falling off the rest) you don't need to be shooting a bow. For stalking is the only logical reason to use one, to me. New people to archery and kids are great, but i don't see the need for someone with experience. Just a thought
Old 04-06-2004, 11:21 AM

If you decide the "WB" is not conducive to good arrow clearance and flight, you can always use it to clean the posts on your car battery.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

give me a break, if you have never needed to reach for your bow without looking (eyes on the deer) or were in a stalk situation you are not hunting. with the bisquit, you don't have to worry about the arrow accidently bumping off the rest.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:54 PM

A watch pot never boils but a watched deer will still run away.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

I AM JUST UNEASY SHOOTING AN ARROW THROUGH A BROOM. ESPECIALLY WITH A HELICAL FLETCHING, IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE THAT YOU WOULD HAVE A GREAT CONSISTANCY.
I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE TRY THEM AND THROW THEM AWAY THE FIRST DAY USING THEM. IM SURE YOU WILL CLIMB UP ON YOUR SOAP BOX AND SAY THEY WERENT TUNED RIGHT. WELL MAYBE SO. BUT IVE SEEN ALOT MORE PEOPLE DISLIKE THEM THAN LIKE THEM.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks c903. I tried mine for a month and it sucked for me but I then gave it away to someone for free. I do need a new battery post cleaner. I only wish you spoken up sooner.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:52 AM

So what's the point of your thread Texas ?

To ask ligitimate questions ......so that some understanding may be obtained ?

Or give a biased....untested......and undeserved review of a product that you haven't actually used yourself ?

I don't recall seeing anyone posting asking for yours or anyone elses opinion on a product that they haven't tested ! Seems most people would want information obtained from a credible source that has actually put a product through some sort of legitimate test !

Maybe I'll start one........

Something like " Questions for those who feel obligated to share their biased ,limited, and tunnel vision views of products that they have never actually used "

How 'bout that ?
Old 04-07-2004, 08:53 AM

I used the WB on my bow for 2 seasons and I liked it for the most part. It was accurate, consistent and it was handy in hunting situations. My fletchings did tend to curl up after just a few shots through it, but that didn't seem to affect accuracy much. I think a stiffer vane would work well. Since then, I bought a new bow (PSE Primos) and there wasn't enough clearance (brace height) to use the WB without shortening the fletchings, so I'm using a Quick Tune rest now.

Quick Reply: opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.