Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Another bow opinion question! >

Another bow opinion question!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another bow opinion question!

Old 04-01-2004, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Another bow opinion question!

I don't know if the guys that I work with (for over 8 years) are yanking my chain or not, but the past couple of days they have been joking around about buying me a "real" bow. If they really are serious(which they probably are: serious diehard hunters + I am the only female hunter they know + small family office) I am looking at three bows: Justice, PSE Scorpion, and who knows what Mathews. Any opinions here? I don't know much about Mathews and can't find any prices on any of the bows that I am interested in. I would like something with a larger brace height, have a short draw 25.5", and prefer a smooth draw with a solid wall.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Another bow opinion question!

I agree with your choices ,so go out and decide which you prefer ,I like the Justice the best but I'm a big BowTech person myself .Get out and pick the one you like the best.

Nubo
Old 04-01-2004, 04:26 PM

I do not know much about the PSE scorpion everything I heard about them has been good though.As for Mathews I hafta say after tryin the outback and lx the smooth draw was not that great almost zero valley.Now for the Bowtech Justice al I can say is AWESOME!!!Smooth draw,Quiet,No handshock at the shot,Light and pretty good speed too.But like nubo said I am kinda partial to Bowtech.So go shoot em all and then buy your new Bowtech!You'll see!!
Old 04-01-2004, 04:36 PM

be carefull with the PSE Scorpion.

it is IMO one of the better PSE offerings in a while, But.................

Some of the first cams had a machining / design flaw on the cable peg. I know of two of them that blew apart - one of them was just 3 feet from me[]

The replacement cams had a more rounded tear peg.

JFYI
Old 04-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smooth draw and big brace height for a short draw archer.....Hmmm, I would have to say the Justice by far. I played with on and really liked it. Just too short for me. But with your draw length, it might just be the ticket for you. Definitely a smooth drawing bow thats for sure.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:22 PM

I would go with the Justice, with out a doubt.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

There|! I think you might have your answer.haha

nubo
Old 04-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you for the heads-up about the Scorpion, Rack-Attack. I don't need another problem bow. I really am leaning towards the Justice. We finally have a brand new archery shop out here that advertises that you can actually shoot the bow before you buy it. What a novel concept! If they really do let you try before you buy, you can bet that I'll be trying as many bows as possible. They carry Hoyt, Bowtech, and Martin.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:16 AM

I think there is another factor you should consider. How strong are you? Long riser bows tend to be heavy. You may want to look at something lighter weight. At your drawlenght, they should shoot with little vibration. Parker, Diamond and Hight Country might also be good to look at.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:34 AM

Straightarrow has a point. I have shot the new High Country bows, and while I did not pick one in the long run, they were a nice bow. As far as weight, they felt like a kids bow, that is until I shot it. The bow REALLY smoked. I think it weighed about 2.5 lbs or something. Like I said, nice bow, just not for me. Would be worth a look.

JMAC

Quick Reply: Another bow opinion question!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.