Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What would you do? >

What would you do?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What would you do?

Old 03-30-2004, 10:08 AM

Default RE: What would you do?

I'm really surprised that more people aren't recommending a different rest. I would have assumed a bunch of people would immediately call for one of the new drop away rests like the Muzzy Zero Effect or the Trophy Taker.

The Whisker Biscuit seems to be something you either love or you hate. Two different archery shop owners have had nothing good to say about them but others on the forums seem to really like them.

I hate to admit it but I just bought a couple dozen new Goldtips so I probably would wait on changing arrows for another year. I bought Goldtips mainly because I read a lot of good feedback about them on the forum. I'm mainly concerned about hunting so if it's just a .003 straightness vs. a .001 straightness then it probably isn't as important as something like a string that can stretch on me.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

In that case then I agree. The string would probably be the next route I would follow.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:25 AM

I would upgrade the string to a good custom string, and then the release next
Old 03-30-2004, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

NAP 3000 seems to be a well thought of rest. Not much that you can "maximally" improve on it, unless you wanted full containment or were having fletch clearance issues...

On the zebra, while many report major issues with string stretch, some do not. I'd monitor it, and only replace it if this is an issue for you...

Otherwise, you look good to go and $100 richer
Old 03-30-2004, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

would definetly spend the $100.00 on new arrow's the new Easton Axis's S/T's .Just a quick question about your Impact Archery Trio how does it work and do you like it ? I have used the Cosmic but have now installed the Spott Hogg Real Deal. My Impact Archery Cosmic wouldn't slide up and down anymore so I'll have to take it apart and have a look at it .

nubo
Old 03-30-2004, 07:00 PM

I would buy a string and a release. I went from IBO scores of 380 to 400 with a new release. Just feels more comfortable
Old 03-30-2004, 07:04 PM

I would probably have to change that string to a winner's choice!
Old 03-31-2004, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

Spend about $50.00 of it by ordering a new string and cable from Berry Strings ( or one of the other companies). I just put my new Berry strings cable and string on my new Outback last night. Perfecto!! Wayne Newberry makes does incredible work. I also understand that others are really happy with Prostring, Wolfden, Stone Mtn. etc. All I know is I got a really great set for about half of what Winners Choice costs . I was very happy with my WC on my Q2 but but couldn't go wrong at about half the cost. I got sick and tired of the Zebra string stretching all the time.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Ok, sell the bow on Ebay and then use the $100 and the money you get from the bow and buy a new one.....

I would probably get a WC string or some axis arrows.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since you do not want to replace the arrows, I'd say get a custom string and a portable bow press so you can do minor work yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.