HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Need a release with a short head (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/56635-need-release-short-head.html)

DoninVa 03-22-2004 04:58 PM

Need a release with a short head

I shoot a Scott wolf and a mongoose and like them both but when I bought my Outback, I got a 28" draw and it is about a 1/2" to long. I have shortened my loop as short as possible and don't want to shoot off the string due to feeling the loop gives ME better flight and release. What release would have a shorter head and shoot as well as the Scott's. Don

mrfritz44 03-22-2004 05:06 PM

RE: Need a release with a short head

I'm trying to get rid of a Tru-Fire X-Caliper II because it's too short. PM me if you're interested.

IL-Cornfed 03-22-2004 05:13 PM

The TRU BALL Short-N-Sweet is exactly what you're looking for. You've got to check this one out!!!

Matt / PA 03-22-2004 05:17 PM

Or even shorter.........the Scott "Rhino"

I have found in many cases you can actually GAIN a touch of draw length to keep the same anchor point with this release and a small loop, VS a long barreled release off the string.
You can also use a VERY short loop with this one.

hunter9022 03-22-2004 05:20 PM

Winn Free Flight glove release. I do like my Scott release a little better, but the Winn is definatly a great shooter.

Bigan71 03-22-2004 05:30 PM

I use the Tru Ball short-n sweet pro. It has helped me with my draw length from 26" to 27". It has a little adjuster on it to pull in the head even farther if you need it.

muzzyman88 03-22-2004 06:05 PM

I was also going to suggest the Winn FreeFlight release. For a glove style, seems like the shortest I've seen.

selway 03-22-2004 06:24 PM

you know guys your still drawing long . just your hand has changed position on your face.

DoninVa 03-22-2004 06:47 PM

Thanks guys, I want to stay with a wrist release and would prefer a caliper but will try the hook style if that is my only option. Please keep the options coming:D. Don

Matt / PA 03-22-2004 07:11 PM

Don,
DO NOT let that peg style scare you! I used nothing but caliper style releases (Mongoose etc) up until I tried the Rhino. I will NEVER go back to a caliper style.........ever.
The loop cannot come off that peg, I have literally THOUSANDS upon thousands of shots on my Rhino with out a misfire of any kind.
You can load it without even looking at the loop........extremely quick to load.

Also the design of the peg assembly itself "Free floats" meaning that the loop pulls straight away from your face rotating the peg out of the way. There are no bumpy jaws to clear. Its as smooth as you can get at take away.