Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need a release with a short head >

Need a release with a short head

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need a release with a short head

Old 03-22-2004, 04:58 PM

Default Need a release with a short head

I shoot a Scott wolf and a mongoose and like them both but when I bought my Outback, I got a 28" draw and it is about a 1/2" to long. I have shortened my loop as short as possible and don't want to shoot off the string due to feeling the loop gives ME better flight and release. What release would have a shorter head and shoot as well as the Scott's. Don
Old 03-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need a release with a short head

I'm trying to get rid of a Tru-Fire X-Caliper II because it's too short. PM me if you're interested.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

The TRU BALL Short-N-Sweet is exactly what you're looking for. You've got to check this one out!!!

Old 03-22-2004, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Or even shorter.........the Scott "Rhino"

I have found in many cases you can actually GAIN a touch of draw length to keep the same anchor point with this release and a small loop, VS a long barreled release off the string.
You can also use a VERY short loop with this one.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:20 PM

Winn Free Flight glove release. I do like my Scott release a little better, but the Winn is definatly a great shooter.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:30 PM

I use the Tru Ball short-n sweet pro. It has helped me with my draw length from 26" to 27". It has a little adjuster on it to pull in the head even farther if you need it.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was also going to suggest the Winn FreeFlight release. For a glove style, seems like the shortest I've seen.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:24 PM

you know guys your still drawing long . just your hand has changed position on your face.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:47 PM

Thanks guys, I want to stay with a wrist release and would prefer a caliper but will try the hook style if that is my only option. Please keep the options coming. Don
Old 03-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don,
DO NOT let that peg style scare you! I used nothing but caliper style releases (Mongoose etc) up until I tried the Rhino. I will NEVER go back to a caliper style.........ever.
The loop cannot come off that peg, I have literally THOUSANDS upon thousands of shots on my Rhino with out a misfire of any kind.
You can load it without even looking at the loop........extremely quick to load.

Also the design of the peg assembly itself "Free floats" meaning that the loop pulls straight away from your face rotating the peg out of the way. There are no bumpy jaws to clear. Its as smooth as you can get at take away.

Quick Reply: Need a release with a short head

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.