Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 zebra-twist strings >

zebra-twist strings

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

zebra-twist strings

Old 03-20-2004, 04:27 PM

Default zebra-twist strings

I am waiting for my new outback and I have seen some posts here that say the zebra-twist strings are “junk, trash “ and so on. I did a search and found very little info. What is the problem with these strings? Should they be replaced right away or will they be ok until the usual the time for replacement?
Old 03-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: zebra-twist strings

I have the zebra, and also have seen the posts.I thought that they were supposed to be top of the line strings. Hopefully someone will answer your question because I am also very interested.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:08 PM

I just put a Zebra on my ancient Martin bow, and so far, I have no complaints - it's a big upgrade from what on the bow when I bought it. If anyone has had real problems with this string, I, for one, would really like to hear about them.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:10 PM

They are not really junk compared to other factory strings. In my experience they really seem to strecth alot. Most factory strings are about the same which is a shame considering how much we pay for a top of the line bows. I found that a replacement Winners Choice string and cable is necessary. They are expensive but I have never had one stretch or have any serving seperate yet.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

I have had two zebra strings, one on an sq2 and one on an outback. They are definatly an upgrade from other factory strings, at least on lower end bows (Thats all i had b4 the sq2). Im sure the wc strings and other custom strings are great but ive never used these. I dont know when they start to strech but i put many shots through the sq2 without any noticeable strech( i marked the cams and measured ata). I waxed them reguarly i dont know if that made a difference.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Spike

I have a SQ2 and it is going into it's third season next year. I replaced the original string after about 6 months. It had considerable stretch. I shoot quite a bit but nothing outrageous. I replaced it with another Zebra and it strecthed as well. I have replaced this one but not with a Zebra. I am checking out a WC to see how it holds up. I just got tired of all the stretch and chasing the peep around.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to shoot a Zebra String but I gave up on them after the last Zebra String Streched an inch and a Half.....[:'(]
I then went on to try a Stone Mountain Bow String and nothing else will do for me now.....
[link]http://www.stonemountainbowstrings.com/[/link]
I shoot he Dakota Pre Streched String and have never had one strech over 1/8th of an inch in over a years time.
Now it was rumored to me that the Zebra Strings have undergone a vast improvement..... but I have no hands on proof of this yet.... but will see.... hopefully the rumor is true.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:00 AM
Fork Horn

I am using Zebra strings for 6years now and had no problem what so ever. The peepsight is never turning away and i have no stretch problems for the time i use the string. Still there is also a little minus. The servings come loose to fast on the cams square corners and i allways take of the mid serving because this is to loose for me to. Eventho i keep using them because i found them a very trustworthy product.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:02 PM

I thought the zebra twist was a very poor string when I switched it out on my Parker. Not only the stretch but I thought the serving was absolute junk. I shoot quite a bit and had to reserve my zebra twist. My money goes to winners choice now for strings hardly any stretch and you pick up a little speed over the zebra as well. More $$ but worth it.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:55 PM

I had some stretching problems with Zebra's in the past. Now I use Tiger Twist strings with no problems. They are made of 452.

Quick Reply: zebra-twist strings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.