Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Easton Axis 400's >

Easton Axis 400's

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Easton Axis 400's

Old 03-18-2004, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Easton Axis 400's

Range, are you saying you actually got yours?

Bowfanatic, I believe it's called "bowhunt America" do a search on axis arrows and you'll find the info reguarding the "free dozen" for a 4 year subscription of the mag (~$68).
Last I read they are still on backorder with the arrows.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow...so many sarcastic comments...I do not know which one to address first....[&:][8D]

Cody,

Who is Clarence?

Ausie,

I have a regular AEF at home but the shop has the carbon model. I am going to be heading down there tomorrow so I will check for you. If need be I will pick one up as well. Now that I have a new drop away installed I am going to go with a really hard helical just for >>>>s and giggles.

I am probably looking at the 340s instead of the 400s considering my draw length and draw weight. I believe they are around 9.5 grains per inch. The Beman ICS I am currently using are around 8.9 grains per inch so I am looking at another .6 grains for every inch...around 18 grains more if I have any math skills.

From a pro shop all the drug stores and pawn shops are not stocking them yet

Sorry I could not help myself
Don't even know where a pawn shop is around here. Don't get into center city Reading or Allentown much.
Ha-ha...there are a few in center city Allentown a few blocks away from the shop but everything there is "hot".....

I ordered a dozen of the 340 shafts yesterday from www.mtnarchery.com. Price was around $70 for just the shafts if I remember correctly. That is equivalent to what I pay for fully fletched Beman ICSs but if they are that more durable then I think they will be worth it.

I wonder why Easton is not jacking the price up considerably if they really are that good. Maybe because the straightness tolerance is advertised around the .005/.006 range?
Old 03-18-2004, 05:13 AM

Sorry, I thought you were close to state college. Its a bow shop here and they have some in stock.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:13 AM

ORIGINAL: DaveC

Range, are you saying you actually got yours?

Bowfanatic, I believe it's called "bowhunt America" do a search on axis arrows and you'll find the info reguarding the "free dozen" for a 4 year subscription of the mag (~$68).
Last I read they are still on backorder with the arrows.
Thanks for the tip, I may have to subscribe[8D]