Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 muzzy ze or trophy taker shakey >

muzzy ze or trophy taker shakey

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

muzzy ze or trophy taker shakey

Old 03-16-2004, 03:26 PM

Default muzzy ze or trophy taker shakey

Which would you recommend strictly for hunting??Have a Bodoodle Pro-lite on a new Outback can't tune left tear out. Thought I would try a fall away. Shooting 60lbs, 29in. draw, xt 5575 gold tip arrows, have tried 7595s tear is worse. Fall away should eliminate any torque, rest contact issues correct?? Are these two brands relatively quiet operating??
Old 03-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: muzzy ze or trophy taker shakey

I cant comment on the TT but do have the MZE on both my 03 pat Dually and 04 Black Knight.

Its a butt ugly rest but works flawlessly and is quite.
Dont know if it will fix your problems specialy if you have a serious form problem.

I would be more inclined to work out the form flaw before going to a fall away rest.
Sort of fix whats broken not whats not broken.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:25 PM

I wasn't implying I have poor shooting form in my post, sorry for the confusion. I own 3 other bows of which I have had no tuning problems. I use a loose grip and follow thru and am relatively certain I am not torqueing the bow to make it tear left. I squeeze and don't punch my release ,which is set very light, all and all I am very relaxed and experienced when it comes to good form. Mathews bows are prone to left tears, the company implies this on their website. I am just looking for a rest that would be less likely to be influenced greatly by grip related problems or pesky clearance issues. Just would like some help clearing up this very frustrating problem. My pro shop just says to "accept it", the local "pro" can't get the thing to shoot bullet holes. Well, as far as I'm concerned, when you drop $700 on the bow and another $400 on accessories the damn thing better punch paper.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

No worries

See if you can pick up a MZE either on Archerytalk or Ebay there are some good deals out there to be had.

Just make sure you get one for the roller guard

If the MZE dont clear up the tear then I dont know what else you can do.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fall away should eliminate any torque

no

, rest contact issues correct??

yes
Old 03-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally shoot the MZE on my bows, and for a hunting setup it is tough to beat.
I can't comment on the trophy taker, other than to say that alot of folks shoot them and like them, and many others have had a terrible time trying to tune them.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:22 PM

Thats a good qestion. I have a MZE on my Parker UL31 and a Shakey on my new Bowtech MM. Both of these rests are built well. They both shoot great. I found that the Shakey makes more noise then the MZE. The MZE has a little better arrow capture ability. I never liked the looks of the MZE but you cant go wrong with either one. Sorry that this probably didnt really help you but they are the best two rests that I have tried out of 7 drop aways.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:58 PM

I have the TT on a Pat Dually and the MZE on a Q2 and would have to say I prefer the MZE for most of the reasons as above. Barring none the MZE is the best out there.
Polack
Old 03-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Spike

I have the muzzy on both Liberty and lx. Couldn't get the trophy taker to tune on Liberty. So got another muzzy. Tuned real easy. Easy to get bullet holes with both bows. The muzzy is quiet. Arrow can't hardly fall off, unless you tip the bow upside down. Just put it on anywhere. When you draw it slides down into the groove. I don't think you can get a better hunting rest. I put mine on myself with no problem.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:03 PM

And you didn't have any problems with the Muzzy on the Liberty?

Quick Reply: muzzy ze or trophy taker shakey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.