Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Might Mite and wrong draw length >

Might Mite and wrong draw length

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Might Mite and wrong draw length

Old 03-13-2004, 03:16 PM

Default Might Mite and wrong draw length

This is kinda long so bear with me. The Bowtech dealer asked me what my draw length was and I told them 28". This is what the Proshop set my Mathews up at a couple years ago and since they checked it I figured they knew what they were doing. So they set it up at 28" and said they thought it looked okay. So when the shop couldn't get my Spot Hogg sites to set up on my MM I drove 40 miles to another Bowtech shop. I wasn't sure he knew what he was doing so I figured I'd get a sencond opinion. As soon as they had me draw it back 2 guys tell me its to short. So they take it to 29" and again think its to short. So they set it up at 30". So now the string just touches my nose and comes down past the corner of my mouth. They couldn't believe I'd been shooting with a 28" dl for so many years. So how do I know this proshop didn't set it up to long? It feels a little wierd but better at the same time. Anyway they get it all set up and wow what a difference. I shot one arrow through the chronograph and it was 301.9 fps . You guys were right when you said it was a little pocket rocket. Thanks again everyone.
Greg.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Might Mite and wrong draw length

If your string is touching the tip of your nose and the corner of your mouth and you have a SLIGHT bend in your arm I would say that you are right on the money.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:56 PM

Due to the fact that the MightyMite is such a short bow, you shouldn't have the string touching your nose. It sounds long! I know that my draw length on my MightyMite was 30"! The string didn't touch my nose and the string was a little behind my lips! My Liberty has a shorter draw length and yet again, I am not touching my nose! It feels much better though!

Some pro-shops will push for people tp go to a higher draw length so that when they run through the chrono, the speed is up and the customer thinks "wow, he helped me get my draw length right and he made my bow faster" when actually the draw length should be shorter!

If you have a digital camera, or know anybody who has one, try to get about 6 pics of you drawing your bow back and post them on here. Get different angles and try to keep your "form" in the pics. It isn't perfect, but these guys will help out!
Old 03-13-2004, 04:59 PM

Pics would help...............and we would do our best to help

I can't tell by the nose thing - I can touch my nose to the string from 28" to 31" and keep decent form and shoot good scores. I can also take a 29" draw and, depending how I position myself make it look 2" long or 2 inches short.

Its not just where it lands on your face but is dependent upon bow arm, uper body and head position and others.

I have shot a 29" draw for years. In setting up my new target bow I have found that with an almost straight arm I am much more comfortable at 30-1/8", with no problem getting my zenith to fire.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:15 PM

Extremetj, how tall are you?
Old 03-13-2004, 05:35 PM

I'm 6'0". I will take a few photos and try to post them.
Greg.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:46 PM

Okay I got the photos but can't seem to get them on here. If someone don't mind I could send them and have you post them. Let me know.
Thanks,
Greg
Old 03-14-2004, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

As far as the nose touching the string goes-
I guess it could depend on how long your nose is-lol!

Anyhow, from what I've personally seen with my own bows and been told, the Mathews come a little long on DL and the bowtechs are at AMO standard. I'm not sure if the Mathews are set at Amo standard DL or not, but with my 29" draw Mathews my 28.5" arrow at full draw would have the insert sitting next to the burger holes on the riser. On my 29" draw bowtechs, that same arrows insert sits at the front of the riser.
I know the risers,grips and burger holes are not identacle, but there pretty darn close.

With my 29" draw Mighty-mite I felt cramped up, but with the grip removed on my 29" stalker it feels just right. Funny what a quarter inch will do for ya!
Old 03-14-2004, 03:44 PM

I think I figured it out. Lets try this.
Greg.

Old 03-14-2004, 04:53 PM

I'm not sure how to put more than one pic per post so I'll send a few more. Tell what you guys think. Does it look to long?

Quick Reply: Might Mite and wrong draw length

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.