Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Vital Bow Gear Ultimate Fallaway observation >

Vital Bow Gear Ultimate Fallaway observation

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vital Bow Gear Ultimate Fallaway observation

Old 03-01-2004, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Vital Bow Gear Ultimate Fallaway observation

After playing with this VBG fallaway on my new Liberty, I've found that the little "flipper finger" falls MUCH too slowly, no matter how its set. That being said, I removed the flipper arm, and have found that out of about 150 shots, not a single one had the slightest difference in flight other than an absolute straight line. However, now I'm kind of questioning the point of even having this rest, since I bought it for its arrow retaining abilities. I suspect I'll play around with it some more and see if I can come up with a way to make it work better. Has anyone else done any test that will concur with mine?
Old 03-01-2004, 08:54 PM

Default RE: Vital Bow Gear Ultimate Fallaway observation

Buy a Dalton 2000 or 5000 drop away rest, its what they put on the bows at the bowtech factory. I have one its awesome
Old 03-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

After playing with this VBG fallaway on my new Liberty, I've found that the little "flipper finger" falls MUCH too slowly, no matter how its set. That being said, I removed the flipper arm, and have found that out of about 150 shots, not a single one had the slightest difference in flight other than an absolute straight line. However, now I'm kind of questioning the point of even having this rest, since I bought it for its arrow retaining abilities. I suspect I'll play around with it some more and see if I can come up with a way to make it work better. Has anyone else done any test that will concur with mine?
Absolutely!! So far I'm really disappointed in the rest. I tried to tune mine for over 3 hours this weekend. After 3 hours and feathers ripped completely off of 4 of my arrows, I gave up and put on a Quicktune 3000. Had it shooting bullet holes in 6 shots. The "flipper finger" that holds the arrow on while in the let down position is where I'm getting the most contact. It just plain gets in the way. This is pretty disappointing from a $100.00 rest. I'll probably keep mine and tinker with it a little more, but I don't have a lot of faith in getting it to work.

Did you notice that you had to set your arrow at least an arrow diameter above your berger button hole?
Old 03-02-2004, 06:41 AM

I am hearing a lot of good things on the trophy taker, guys. That is what I am putting on my bow.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:52 AM

Absolutely!! So far I'm really disappointed in the rest
you where warned
Old 03-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, Yeah. I'm a little hard headed when I get my mind set on something. I hope this isn't a $100 learning lesson.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Update... 300 or so arrows through it without the flipper arm, and still havent had a single flier. Every single arrow is going straight to, and now, almost through the target. Havent had a single one fall off the rest yet either. I think Ill just put some fleece on my shelf and shoot it as is.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am hearing a lot of good things on the trophy taker, guys. That is what I am putting on my bow.
Not everyone has had a good experience with the Trophy Taker either. I am beginning to wonder if a person's specific setup in regard to draw weight, draw length and the design of the bow may make certain drop aways more conducive for some folks and not others.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:08 AM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

I am beginning to wonder if a person's specific setup in regard to draw weight, draw length and the design of the bow may make certain drop aways more conducive for some folks and not others.
This is absolutely true in some cases. With bows that have 'parallel' limbs, it's probably best to steer clear of dropaways that use the cable slide to raise/lower the rest. The reason being that bows with this configuration have very little movement of the cable slide and getting the rest to drop when you want is tricky at best. Not that it can't be done, but it usually takes work. Personally, I like dropaways that use the cable slide because the force of pulling up the rest is more evenly distributed to both ends of the bow and you don't have to take off the pull cord if you need to put some twists in a cable.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

olink,I think you are absolutely right.

I had a Trophy Taker and never had any problems what so ever on my Hoyts.

I will be trying the VBG fallaway as soon as I get a chance to get to the shop and pick it up.I really don't think I will have much of an issue at all with it.But I am putting it on an Xtec pulling 28"-28 /2" draw at only 57#-58#'s.This doesn't yield the fastest speeds in the world and there should be plenty of cable movement to ensure clearance.

I am wanting to shoot the new ST Axis arrows from Easton and a fallaway is ALMOST a neccesity.

Quick Reply: Vital Bow Gear Ultimate Fallaway observation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.